MAMEoX with 090 CPS2 Support!

djohng

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the fba-xxx probs are due to a buggy src tho gogo and co. has done a lot of miracles with it.

Actually the worst sound problems were caused by changes to the VMM routines that were made in later versions of FBA-XXX. I was able to virtually eliminate all sound issues by restoring the original VMM code. :P

kawa-x is best for low end systems and was great but work on it has stopped for the public at least as Iriez at x-s claims Mhz still works on kawa-x. hopefully one day Mhz will allow  new kawa-x to go public, untill then live with fba-xxx or mameox

May you please link the post where Iriez claims Mhz is still working on kawa-x ?

I hope it was true...

Thanks in advance

Edited by Jontox

the fba-xxx probs are due to a buggy src tho gogo and co. has done a lot of miracles with it.

Actually the worst sound problems were caused by changes to the VMM routines that were made in later versions of FBA-XXX. I was able to virtually eliminate all sound issues by restoring the original VMM code. :rolleyes:

Nice! any chance of uploading the source somewhere?

nice to hear that + T +, i hope you can share your src cuz it would be great to finally play matrim without breakups in the sound.

jontox not that hard to find, it was recent topic. i won't link it since i believe things like that should be left alone and hope until he decides to make a new public release.

nice to hear that + T +, i hope you can share your src cuz it would be great to finally play matrim without breakups in the sound.

The old code is still in the current source, it's just commented out in favour of the new stuff. Then it's just a matter of a few little adjustments here and there. An adept coder like djohng would have no problems re-implementing it.

I'd be happy to post my modified source but my build of FBA-XXX is so heavily customized to my own romsets and tastes that many of the roms from djohng or gogo's version wouldn't even show up. :rolleyes:

There are actually some changes to d_neogeo.cpp since the way some drivers patch roms in the memory needs reverting also. If you look at any driver that uses an AES patch you'll see the old code commented out above the new.

I haven't kept any record of exactly which files needed changing. I started with neo_run.cpp and then just searched for all instances of the new code throughout the source, cleaning up compiling errors as I went. To be honest I didn't really expect it to work. :P

If someone can PM me with somewhere to host the source then I will upload it in case it might be useful as a reference to anyone wishing to make similar changes.

Thraxen has very kindly offered to host my modified sourcecode so here it is:

http://www.thraxen.com/emu1/fbaxxx_t_src.rar

It's based on djohng's latest version. In case anyone is curious here are the main changes I've made:

- Restored original VMM code to reduce sound break-up in large games

- Fixed it so the emu runs correctly from disc (dats, ini, etc. are now created in TDATA rather than the root directory).

- Added fully working driver for svcsplus (SVC Super Plus).

- Updated all drivers to use latest rom dumps.

- Made some changes to the rom loading text.

- Changed all 'nd' (Non-encrypted P, Decrypted C) sets to 'd' sets (just Decrypted C) because I don't use pre-decrypted P ROMs. Unencrypted P ROMs will still work in these sets if CRC check is turned off but they will still need the name of the 'd' set. I would've just added these sets as extra drivers but I haven't figured out how to get new drivers to show up in the romlist (help?) so every time I want to add something I have to replace something else >_<. anyways these are all the name changes if anyone wants to know:>

kof2001d --> kof2k1d

kof2001h --> kof2k1h

kof2002d --> kof2k2d

kof2k3ba --> kof2k3nd (this one still has Non-encrypted Ps)

kof2knd --> kof2kd

kof99nd --> kof99d

matrimnd --> matrimd

mslug3nd --> mslug3d

mslug4nd --> mslug4d

mslug5nd --> mslug5d

samsh5nd --> samsho5d

ss5snd --> samsh5sd

sengok3d --> sngoku3d

svcnd --> svchaosd

Edited by + T +

It is said the encrypted p of mslug5 are:

ROM_LOAD32_WORD_SWAP( "268-p1.bin", 0x000000, 0x400000, CRC(d0466792) SHA1(880819933d997fab398f91061e9dbccb959ae8a1) )

ROM_LOAD32_WORD_SWAP( "268-p2.bin", 0x000002, 0x400000, CRC(fbf6b61e) SHA1(9ec743d5988b5e3183f37f8edf45c72a8c0c893e) )

Have you edited driverlist.h to add the new drivers?

I also only use orignal encrypted p roms for my MAMEoX build, and use both dercypted v and decrypted c. And I still named them nd set. That doesnt matter in fact:)