MAMEoX with 090 CPS2 Support!

djohng

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im using the latest version bendermameox.21.01.2005.Fixed, but why does it show a different date when u get to this screen of a game:

benderox3aw.jpg

i deleted the save file from the ms dashboard.. or thats something thats on the xbe??

also, what setting to i set the crystal kings to have it run on this version?

im using the latest version bendermameox.21.01.2005.Fixed, but why does it show a different date when u get to this screen of a game:

benderox3aw.jpg

i deleted the save file from the ms dashboard.. or thats something thats on the xbe??

also, what setting to i set the crystal kings to have it run on this version?

I don't know yet how date is set, i will check ;)

and for crystal, set vmm on 8MN/1024kb, it should work....almost fine ^^

Edited by bendermike

I was looking at the vm.txt file and found that many games were listed twice and one was listed 3 times. I've removed all the duplicates and put everything in alphabetical order (makes it easy to find duplicates). You can get it here: vm.txt

Also, I noticed that your version has the Force VMM option on by default. If you do this is the vm.txt ignored completely or are the values for games listed in the vm.txt used instead of the ones used in the Force VMM option? If it's ignored completely then I'm not sure that is the best way to do it since the values in the vm.txt are usually picked because they work the best for each game. Using the Force option, if the vm.txt is ignored, would then force each game to use the same settings whether or not those settings are actually the best settings for any one game.

Anyway, for future reference, the easiest way to sort and manage the vm.txt is to copy the list and paste it into Excel. Then you can use the Sort option to have Excel automatically put everything in alphabetical order.

ive done a VM.txt for all games plus so called banned roms. But there are many duplications and because it doesnt cause any problems I havent sorted it. I will do and put it into bendermameoX cause a few games dont run with vm on auto and set to 8 megs most do a few dont.

Cheers for tip of sort easy to do and so simple :P

Force VMM shouldnt be set to on by default...It's only used for testing the best setting for each game. When you test it out, you should add it to the VM.TXT, and set Force VMM to off to enable the setting in your VM.TXT.

If you set it on by default, every game even those which dont need any VMM will use your vmm setting.

I have a 128M XBOX, so most games dont need vmm(all CPS1/CPS2 games, almost all NEOGEO games). I cleaned them out of the vm.txt file, and I'm testing the best setting for some games that need VMM on 128M XBOX.

Edited by HK$

It seems lots of you have spent hours testing roms and emulators like FBAXXX, Mameox, Kawa-x,...

I've always been interested in sound emulation as I know that till Kawa-x was stopped, no more progress has been made in that way.

May someone advise me how is the sound emulation under Bender's Mameox ?

Are there still any sound halts in the emulation of Neogeo roms like in FBAXXX ?

Is the sound as good as Kawa-x ?

Many thanks for your comments. :blink:

Best regards

Jontox

Edited by Jontox

mame by far emulates neogeo best but uses more memory.

the fba-xxx probs are due to a buggy src tho gogo and co. has done a lot of miracles with it.

kawa-x is best for low end systems and was great but work on it has stopped for the public at least as Iriez at x-s claims Mhz still works on kawa-x. hopefully one day Mhz will allow new kawa-x to go public, untill then live with fba-xxx or mameox