MAMEoX with 090 CPS2 Support!

djohng

Now If you can remove the illegal neogeo drivers, we can set up an unofficial MAMEoX project. :)  (The illegal drivers can be made into patches like FBA-XXX)

HK$: Nothing is illegal about adding drivers to mameox...the illegal aspect is about collecting roms you don't own!!

Bendermike:

What systems, if any, are you adding to mame0x from the recent 0.90 source? I will add more systems and send the source to you to include in your releases...I just don't want to work on the same ones that your working on...call it a joint effort!

thanks

-djohng

I'm not saying adding new neogeo drivers is illegal to the law, but it's illegal to the MAME team's license.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now If you can remove the illegal neogeo drivers, we can set up an unofficial MAMEoX project. :blink:  (The illegal drivers can be made into patches like FBA-XXX)

Well, I'm just meaning if you want to set up a MAMEoX project and make it accepted by xbox-scene or xbins, you must remove the illegal neogeo drivers.

If no one cares to begin an acceptable and official project, there's no problem.

Edited by HK$

well if you care so much to do a "x-s" version, then by all means go ahead and do so but theres no need to try to push someone to remove something they choose to add.

mame is open source and its "mame teams" rule to not to add a game after 3 years of its run in arcades, you can do whatever you choose to the source and like bendermike said its not the driver thats illegal, the roms are if you don't own the boards.

to prove it that to a point, look at neomame which always has added the drivers to newer games and they haven't been stopped as of yet.

fba is the only one i know of that has a rule of doing such but theres ways around that as we all know :blink:

Well, I'm just meaning if you want to set up a MAMEoX project and make it accepted by xbox-scene or xbins, you must remove the illegal neogeo drivers.

I only want to be accepted by my family, the 1emulation forum group and all my fellow xboxers...sniff...sniff..... :blink:...'tears'...

...oh.come on...how about a group hug from everyone in the forum thread...

...where's the love?? :D

------

HK$: Just sit back, relax and enjoy all the great things we can do with the XBox...if the MAME developers are so concerned about the 3 year rule...they need to take out Pac-man, Centipede, Galaga, Donkey Kong, Millipede, and all of the old games coming out in 20th anniversary cabinets....since they are still making money in arcades!

Edited by djohng

If it's features I'd like to see implemented, I'd like MAMEoX to be able to parse command line, the kind of thing Xport implements into his current emulators. Is this a viable option or would it require too much coding?.

Again, thanks to djohng and bender for the updates :)