MAMEoX with 090 CPS2 Support!

djohng

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, xport have said had project to update MAMEoX to newer version.

Look at his site:

http://xport.xbox-scene.com/

Here's a brief overview of things on my todo list:

Update MAMEoX to 0.86

Update StepmaniaX - I've been waiting for some sort of milestone release because I'd rather port a stable version. I don't think I'd have the time to keep up with the alpha releases.

Update SMSPlusX with the new cores that came out a short while ago.

I'm continuing to keep my eye on this PC-Engine emulator. I have not done extensive testing of the most recent version, but it seems that it's still not quite as compatible as HUGO. If anyone has any comments on the matter, feel free to mention them in the forums.

Look at his site:

Update MAMEoX to 0.86

Update StepmaniaX - I've been waiting for some sort of milestone release because I'd rather port a stable version. I don't think I'd have the time to keep up with the alpha releases.

I'm continuing to keep my eye on this PC-Engine emulator. I have not done extensive testing of the most recent version, but it seems that it's still not quite as compatible as HUGO. If anyone has any comments on the matter, feel free to mention them in the forums.

...geesh there are literally a hundred developers for MAME..and...no one else can develop MAMEoX?? only xport...I guess I better ask him for permission to update an open source project.

.....oops wait a minute...we've already emailed each other....but you weren't privy to that....and the issues with implementing MAME084u4 universal controls into the xbox source.

(xport will also get the updated 090 source...and he already has some of it with the MAMEoX087 source.)

If your so worried about this stuff and you can code/compile MAMEoX yourself...why are you reading this forum...and downloading the patch from the FTP site???

With all this...I may take a break from XBox coding and leave it to the "experts"!....so long FBA XXX-treme....

-djohng

I didnt use your patch, as I said I have already added progear to MAMEoX. :shootem:

And as I said, if you can update MAMEoX to new version, there will be no problem.:) You 'R welcome by everyone to update it. EVen you add banned drivers, MAMEoX will not stop developing but continue being developed by you.

If you cant, just leave it to Xport or any others. Just adding banned driver may stop others' development. Then at that time you will be blamed by most of the ppl.

And I have looked into your MAMEoX0.87 source, you even not add these in the drivers:

#pragma code_seg("C524")

#pragma data_seg("D524")

#pragma bss_seg("B524")

#pragma const_seg("K524")

#pragma comment(linker, "/merge:D524=524")

#pragma comment(linker, "/merge:C524=524")

#pragma comment(linker, "/merge:B524=524")

#pragma comment(linker, "/merge:K524=524")

#pragma code_seg()

#pragma data_seg()

#pragma bss_seg()

#pragma const_seg()

I wish I'm not too worried.;)

Look at his site:

Update MAMEoX to 0.86

On the surface...thats fine...but you need to look further!

xport said "I have not taken over the MAMEoX project. I had a specific goal of implementing virtual memory into MAMEoX to breathe new life into the project. I'm hoping that the original maintainers will pick up the project again. I may implement new MAME cores and/or features, but it is not "my" project, so my level of interest is generally lower than my other ports"

So with that...your welcome.

Edited by djohng

Xport said he was just gonna do 84 and add vmm and leave the rest to mameox team.

But this is said earllier, after this he said to have project to update MAMEoX to 0.86.

So I think he still want to work on MAMEoX :shootem:

I have no problem.

Just do as you like.

If MAMEoX stop developing because of it, I'm not the one be blamed.:shootem:

Maybe I will contact Irez and put a version of MAMEoX with legal drivers add and some bug fixes onto xbins?:)

Edited by HK$

I was wondering if you could include some clrmamepro dat files with your patches? I hope its not asking to much you already do enough I know =P But I like to make sure I have my sets matching with the releases.

Thank you,

--Cody

All:

:D MAMEoX 084B3 with PROGEAR (and updated all CPS2 drivers to MAME090!) :D

Since FBA is having problems with Progear, I decided to work on MAMEoX with Progear...

it works great...now I have an emulator that I can play this game on the XBOX, though I'm still working on the fba code...

One thing you need to do is delete your MAMEoX save from the MS Dashboard or else the game will not show in the game list.  And enable VMM from the MAMEoX menu.

Patch must be applied to MAMEoX084B3 w/ Lightgun update.  This is located on xbins.  I've also added a batch file to make the patching process simple.

Happy gaming... ;)

-djohng

Link to patch: http://www.thraxen.com/emu1/mox-progear.rar

[Donations accepted via the Atkshop :naughty: ]