MAMEoX with 090 CPS2 Support!

djohng

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thraxen thats the same one as silva posted heh

djohng by any chance are you able to make another patch adding other neogeo drivers?

...sheesh...give some love...and what do I get in return?...lemons.

Just kidding!

Sure. I can put the latest 090 neogeo driver in, and bring it up to date. What new ones were you thinking of SVC, kof2003...Metal Slugs...

To be honest...the reason I did this was for Progear, since FBAXXX is having problems with the driver. FBA-XXX has the latest neogeo drivers already added.

I was thinking about just a CPS1/2-NeoGeo MAMEoX derivative similar to Neomame089 that been out for a while...but I would rather put my energy into FBA...

thoughts???

-djohng

Nice! Works great!

I'm guessing dantesinferno didn't rename the resulting "mameoxcps.xbe" file back to "mameox.xbe".

One question, I have both the progear.zip and progearj.zip clone. Will your patch find both? I didn't put the progearj in to try yet.

Now I just need to find the correct settings to enter into the vm.txt file so that I can turn the "Force VM" option back off.

Anyway, thanks again djohng for your great work :shootem:

Edited by Thraxen

anyone else having problems getting it to work?

I got the MAMEoX v.84b3 with lightgun support from xbins..and put everything in a directory, then put the three items from the progear patch in the same directory and ran the bat file and it said Applying Patch, and then Done. so I ftp'd the folder with both progear roms(in the roms directory) onto my xbox..and I deleted the save. When I booted it, nothing showed on the roms list. I deleted the save and ran it again, same thing. I tried numerous times repeating the whole process and still nothing. Are the rom names different..? or am I doing something wrong?

What are you using to delete the save? UnleashX Avalaunch etc.?

You must use the MS Dashboard to delete the save; and then MAMEoX (patched) will load and say detecting new version

...and then you have to change the rom directories to point to your roms...then go into the [mameox menu] and search for new roms.

Works for me...already tested the patch and uploaded to my xbox..you also have to rename the new file back to mameox.xbe...I should just take care of it with deleting the old file with the patch batch file...but it helps with testing...the new file should be 39,896k vs. the old of 39,872k

-djohng

I did just that, renamed and deleted and it works great!! Excellent job btw..

One question, I have both the progear.zip and progearj.zip clone.  Will your patch find both?  I didn't put the progearj in to try yet. 

The CPS2 driver is identical to the MAME090 (with the exception of some MAMEoX084B3 specific code added).

I have all 3 roms showing on the list; progear, progearj, progeara...progearj runs also...it's interesting because the japanese version has additional speech vs. the english version. progeara does not is missing 2 roms.

-djohng

Edited by djohng

If you add banned neogeo drivers to MAMEoX, DONT release it to the public. MAMEoX is still an active project, do you want it to stop developing as FBAx and KAWA-X?

Get source code and compile youself, and then keep it to yourself.

That my thought.

Edited by HK$

I have the cps2 board of the japanese release of progear, and when I played the us rom, I also noticed the missing voice overs..not to mention the default difficulty of the US board is set at 2, whereas the Japanese board is set at 4...I have played the Asian board too, and it's default difficulty is set at 8..which is just nuts.

If you add banned neogeo drivers to MAMEoX, DONT release it to the public. MAMEoX is still an active project, do you want it to stop developing as FBAx and KAWA-X?

I don't really consider MAMEoX to be an active project. XPort has worked on it fairly recently (enabled VM), but the original devs haven't touched it in a long time as far as I know. And I seriously doubt Xport cares if there is a patch to add "banned" games floating around. In the various debates about FBAX and KawaX and banned ROMS on XBox-Scene he usually doesn't comment or doesn't seem to care much.

[edit] That's just my opinion. I don't know Xport and I could very well be wrong. That's just the impression I've gotten from him. But other than Xport MAMEoX is essentially dead and he really doesn't seem to be keeping up with most of his emulator ports these days. There are a few (like FCE) that have been updated on the PC side and people have been begging him to update the XBox versions for a while but he has yet to do so. So any update for MAMEoX will likely have to come from someone like djohng.

Edited by Thraxen

That my thought.

mame is open source as is while it does have its rules theres nothing in it about posting a patch since a patch is a option to the user to use it or not.

don't know about you but i've seen plenty of mames that have banned games and such which you can find easily by a google, so i doubt that will stop a thing :shootem:

you might've notice gogo now does this with his fba-xxx releases.

kawa-x is dead due to the fact the project is no longer in the makers hands since he got tired of it and passed it on to razzola which doesn't even own an xbox nor is he willing to continue kawa-x for xbox.

as for fba, well there still hasn't been an update for the pc version so untill that happens, i doubt you'll see another update as is

That my thought.

MAMEoX an active project! :shootem:...your kidding?...I'm the only one that I know of that's working on it. The other developers have moved onto other projects...I have a semi working MAMEoX.090 version, and I won't release this until I can fix a few serious crash-related items...this patch is from that base source code of MAMEoX 090.

And KAWA-X source has never been released...so it's a little hard to add drivers to it, if you dont have the source...say a few simple byte hacks...which anyone can do...

And FBA-XXX...any code I have developed is passed onto Gogoackman who has taken over the FBA-XXX project...since other developers have also moved on...if he doesn't want to implement the new code...thats fine...how do you think TMNT, Afterburner, Outrun have sound now; as well as other neogeo drivers are working...(I do not take credit for the base code; only implementing it into an XBox compatible version)?

Let's not get into FBA..PC version..open source is open source.

You act as if there is no one else out here that can code for the XBOX?? The patches I release are direct compiles of the new code that I add. The only reason I release patches is per the wishes of the forum moderators; these are not hacks like KAWA-X.

It is too bad that the source for KAWA-X has not been released or sent via PM to me, as I would update it to the latest Winkwaks 1.52 level.

...does the KAWA-X author want to contact me? Please PM if your interested.

Prican25:

How do you know the author passed it on to Razzola...god I haven't heard that name in a long time! Why would the author pass the code onto someone whose not going to update it?? What a loss to the XBox homebrew community, if its true...I actually like KAWA-X, and have been searching for the author & source code to continue development of it...

-djohng

Edited by djohng

NO, djohng will update the existing system games maybe, but it's still 0.84. I dont think he will update MAMEoX with MAME, such as adding new system support. It's not a easy work as adding drivers. I think right now only Xport can update MAMEoX version to 0.90 or even newer.

I have already add many new neogeo games to MAMEoX, such as kof2003 PCB version and etc. And fixed same bugs(may be not bug, but problem)

But I dont dare to release it, coz if MAMEoX stops developing because of it, you will get blamed.

Anyway, IF djohng really can update MAMEoX version with MAME, there will be no problem. :shootem:

Edited by HK$