MAMEoX with 090 CPS2 Support!

djohng

hehe i was talking about something i did a year ago (its actually cps1 but same rules apply).

i have no intensions of hexing kawa-x again, i'll leave that to the pro Mr.X :)

And if the source was actually released...hint hint..Mr. X/Mhz.then we could add these games w/out hexing the cr-p out of it...and program like experts...instead of hackers!

-djohng

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hehe i was talking about something i did a year ago (its actually cps1 but same rules apply).

i have no intensions of hexing kawa-x again, i'll leave that to the pro Mr.X :)

And if the source was actually released...hint hint..Mr. X/Mhz.then we could add these games w/out hexing the cr-p out of it...and program like experts...instead of hackers!

-djohng

are you going to post on xbins?

It sounds almost embarrasing to post it on xbins, sammaz

How about this little gem Patcher

C:\Patcher>patcher

Patcher v1.2, written by David Finch <david@mytsoftware.com>.

Alternative to IPS, supporting files up to 2gb.

Open source freeware released under the GNU General Public License.

Usage: patcher command source.ext dest.ext patch.ext

Command may be either Create, CreateRLE, or Apply.

CreateRLE produces smaller patches when dealing with certain files.

Source and destination files may be different sizes.

For backward compatibility, this tool can also apply IPS patches.

Edited by silVa

are you going to post on xbins?

NO. :shootem:

Even though iriez has offered for the mameox 084+ version and source (actually ver 090 now), but until that's ready, a simply hack like this is just that...simply adding a driver in the existing source and recompiling.

-djohng

It sounds almost embarrasing to post it on xbins, sammaz

How about this little gem Patcher

C:\Patcher>patcher

Patcher v1.2, written by David Finch <david@mytsoftware.com>.

Alternative to IPS, supporting files up to 2gb.

Open source freeware released under the GNU General Public License.

Usage: patcher command source.ext dest.ext patch.ext

Command may be either Create, CreateRLE, or Apply.

CreateRLE produces smaller patches when dealing with certain files.

Source and destination files may be different sizes.

For backward compatibility, this tool can also apply IPS patches.

Thanks. Nice little program once I figured it out.

Patch being uploaded to FTP, along with simple batch file to run and patch automatically. This patch must be applied to mameox084B3 with lightgun support (latest version on xbins)

Link to FTP on first post.

-djohng

Edited by djohng

anyone else having problems getting it to work?

I got the MAMEoX v.84b3 with lightgun support from xbins..and put everything in a directory, then put the three items from the progear patch in the same directory and ran the bat file and it said Applying Patch, and then Done. so I ftp'd the folder with both progear roms(in the roms directory) onto my xbox..and I deleted the save. When I booted it, nothing showed on the roms list. I deleted the save and ran it again, same thing. I tried numerous times repeating the whole process and still nothing. Are the rom names different..? or am I doing something wrong?

anyone else having problems getting it to work?

I got the MAMEoX v.84b3 with lightgun support from xbins..and put everything in a directory, then put the three items from the progear patch in the same directory and ran the bat file and it said Applying Patch, and then Done. so I ftp'd the folder with both progear roms(in the roms directory) onto my xbox..and I deleted the save. When I booted it, nothing showed on the roms list. I deleted the save and ran it again, same thing. I tried numerous times repeating the whole process and still nothing. Are the rom names different..? or am I doing something wrong?

What are you using to delete the save? UnleashX Avalaunch etc.?

You must use the MS Dashboard to delete the save; and then MAMEoX (patched) will load and say detecting new version

...and then you have to change the rom directories to point to your roms...then go into the [mameox menu] and search for new roms.

Works for me...already tested the patch and uploaded to my xbox..you also have to rename the new file back to mameox.xbe...I should just take care of it with deleting the old file with the patch batch file...but it helps with testing...the new file should be 39,896k vs. the old of 39,872k

-djohng

Edited by djohng