damn you paypal

Mag

so I had a bad headache yesterday, I tried to access to my account, yeah I was stupid enough to guess the password, and it came out wrong ten times, the system then automatically locked my password. So they have to make me do the password reset matriculation, then when I open up the verify your identity window, they gave me two option to prove. So of course I wrote in what they wanted in one of the option, then I stupidly forget to check that option I wanted to prove instead of the other option(which was checked as default) and had it confirmed, thats when I realize it was invalid and now the only option they had left is the stupid fax solution (requires you to fax them a sheet along with identifications). Which I really don't consider on doing this despite all that hassle (takes 7-10 days) and I don't even have a fax machine.

Anyway I did remember the password the next day I woke up, so that sorta piss me off big time after the night I went through. I learn my mistake but that doesn't mean paypal has to make such a big hassle just to reset a friggin password :D

anyone have a clue or another way to bypass this fax problem ? I rather just like them to unlock my password since now I remember and everything.

well since paypal deals with transfering money they gotta hav that kinda of stuff for security reasons to prevent hackers or wutnot, if there was a way to bypass it, it would probably be illegal such an expert hacking into the system..

can always prevent this from happening again by keeping a record of it in a safe place :P

Edited by IxI SoNiK IxI

well since paypal deals with transfering money they gotta hav that kinda of stuff for security reasons to prevent hackers or wutnot, if there was a way to bypass it, it would probably be illegal such an expert hacking into the system..

can always prevent this from happening again by keeping a record of it in a safe place  :P

Amen. Password recovery is serious stuff when you're dealing with money like that.

Just go to a copy place where they have a fax machine (we have Kinko's where I'm at, dunno what chains are elsewhere). I don't think you can make a new account without changing bank accounts or something.

this might sounds stupid but can't u just call them( if they have a number for that)