Amiga

I want to get into it but it seems a little complicated. I already got the WinUAE but since I can't ask for roms or whatever I guess I'll ask, what do I do now? Once I find some roms what do I do with them or what. Thanks. :D

Ok, I got the 1.3 and 3.0 kickstart and some legal rom of "amazing spiderman" I tried loading the boot rom with the extended rom file and then it gives me that floppy disk put in thing, what's the deal?

WinUAE and Amiga emulator in general require quite a bit of configuring before you can play games.

Set it up the following way: (my instructions might be a bit off since I made them for an older version, but whatever.)

1. In the ROM dialog, set the Kickstart ROM. I'm using 3.5

2. In the RAM dialog, set the Chip mem to 2MB, Fast mem to 8MB and Slow mem to 1MB.

3. In the CPU dialog, set the type to 68000 or 68020 (enable FPU if there's an option for it)

4. Set the display to pretty much whatever resolution you want, but set the Chipset to Full ECS.

For AGA games, keep most of the stuff but you must use the 68020 CPU regardless + change Fast mem to 4MB, Slow mem to 512kB. Enable AGA Chipset.

Some games boot on-the-fly once you've inserted a disk image, others you need to run from Workbench 3.0

I suggest you make a blank floppy image too and then format it in WB.

Edited by Agozer

You can also download pre-set configurations for WinUAE, which set up the diagnostics (like Agozer described above) in one click. I have found the best configurations to be found at ALE, which has plenty of advice about Amiga emulation. Download the configs, extract them somewhere, then select them in WinUAE's config selection window. It will set up everything except the paths to your disk images and roms, which you have to specify yourself. You can also change screen size and resolution if you like, and playing with the sound lag is also recommended.

Pick an ECS configuration for standard games, pick AGA for games that have AGA after them (these games ran on more special, powerful Amigas), and pick the "Old" config for very old games (before 1987 or so) and games which you have trouble working.

Amiga emulation is complicated, but rewarding! -_-

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I want to get into it but it seems a little complicated. I already got the WinUAE but since I can't ask for roms or whatever I guess I'll ask, what do I do now? Once I find some roms what do I do with them or what. Thanks. :D

Wait till i finish this and i will mail you a copy.....All runs from dvd no installation required :)

And as a bonus its duel boot so it runs on Xbox as well !!!

Below is a small sample of a huge menu with many pages.

wall.jpg

Edited by synchro

• 1 year later...
This package looks very elite, I am drooling.

-old ami guru

:banghead: COOL, ANY CHANCE I CAN DOWNLOAD THAT TO?

I CAN GET YOU FREE ACCESS TO *link removed*

The only other thing like this im guessing is >> *link removed*

Thanks

Mod note: first site has links to rom sites, 2nd site sells warez - links removed. Please read board rules.

Edited by Robert