Winkawaks 1.51 out !

Mr.X

Hey robbbert, I had to edit your post because that site has ROMs. :)

But a summary of what's going on is that Raz is ROM hording again. Guru will not dump any ROMs for a year now (read Mr. X's post above if you haven't already). Perhaps James has some more indepth knowledge about this and can shed more light on this. :D But why the hell did Guru sell a donated board? The plot thickens...

Edited by GryphonKlaw

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GryphonKlaw  Posted Today, 01:25 PM

Yes...I did notice that my Metal Slug 4 was not on the list and neither was my Samurai Shodown 4 which works perfectly in previous versions of Kawaks!

After 1.46 some of the alternate sets were removed and merged for ease of use. different crcs on the m and p roms are likely your problem. A pain if you ask me, but i just run 3 versions of kawaks at once (1.46 loader, 1.48dev and 1.49-51)

meh... that progear thing is a real mess. Reminds me of the SVC chaos issues. what about dumping SFII Hyper?

I understand why Guru is pissed right now But I think he should not dump roms for those who do not intend to release them to the public...

Guru sold the PCB baord becuase he was offered a good amount of money Plus he knew that he could lend another baord anyway.

Guru is pissed bcause of Jan Klass (author of FinalBurn Alpha) for spreading lies on IRC

Sad part is that the Guru is a Aussie .His actions on this matter are very childish though.

Thanks, but no thanks. I'll stick with my Loaders.

Mslug4 I use in mame works in kawaks 1.51 same with.

- Matrimelee

- Matrimelee (bootleg)

- Metal Slug 4 Plus (bootleg)

- Rage of the Dragons

- The King of Fighters 2002

- The King of Fighters 2002 Plus (bootleg)

So I am happy I had the corrects sets well before kawaks 1.51 was released.

James  Posted Today, 10:29 PM

QUOTE(Agozer @ Jan 2 2005, 05:54 PM)

- Matrimelee

- Matrimelee (bootleg)

- Rage of the Dragons

What are the differences between kof2k2 and 2k2 plus? was the latter dumped from a PCB? The original 2k2 romset i have is 267-xx.bin, size 98mb.

is there a way to get King or Shingo in any Neo-Geo KOF2k2 or is that dreamcast only?

GryphonKlaw  Posted Today, 01:25 PM

Yes...I did notice that my Metal Slug 4 was not on the list and neither was my Samurai Shodown 4 which works perfectly in previous versions of Kawaks!

After 1.46 some of the alternate sets were removed and merged for ease of use. different crcs on the m and p roms are likely your problem. A pain if you ask me, but i just run 3 versions of kawaks at once (1.46 loader, 1.48dev and 1.49-51)

meh... that progear thing is a real mess. Reminds me of the SVC chaos issues. what about dumping SFII Hyper?

Yeah, I have 3 sets of Kawaks now: 1.46 loader, 1.48 dev, and 1.51.

James   Posted Today, 10:29 PM

QUOTE(Agozer @ Jan 2 2005, 05:54 PM)

- Matrimelee

- Matrimelee (bootleg)

- Rage of the Dragons

What are the differences between kof2k2 and 2k2 plus? was the latter dumped from a PCB? The original 2k2 romset i have is 267-xx.bin, size 98mb.

is there a way to get King or Shingo in any Neo-Geo KOF2k2 or is that dreamcast only?

kof2002 plus is a hack (bootleg) enabled bosses.

Does any one no why Jan Klaasen (btw) spread tthose rumors or whatever? Doesn't he like the the way Guru does things?

Edited by Agozer

Aaron Giles answers :

From : http://aarongiles.com/weblog/archives/2005...e_sce.html#more

January 02, 2005

Quitting the scene

I'm fed up! Until everyone stops quitting the scene, I'm going to quit the scene. Every time someone else quits the scene, I'm going to quit the scene for another 3 months. Take that, all you quitters!

Not. Come on guys, grow up. We've put up with hoarders and ROM beggers for years now. If it's your thing to brag about your accomplishments or contributions to emulation on your website or IRC channels with a way of contacting you, expect to be harassed.

If you really want to quit, then quit for a real reason, like you want to spend more time with your family or something. Don't let your ego convince you that taking a power trip and "quitting the scene" will show anyone anything, apart from the fact that you are easily influenced by the actions of others.