Report Bugs Thread. Read first post before posting

MeGaBiTe1

I thought it might be a good idea if we pin a thread for users to post bugs in DSemu. It would make Two9A aware of problems so that in the long run they could be tended to.

----------------------

The function of this thread is to help Two9A with the development of DSEmu. Please try to follow these rules when posting bugs.

1.) Please DO NOT post "X game doesn't work!" This emulator is not at a point to play any games yet.

2.) Please READ THE OTHER BUGS POSTED HERE as to avoid posting the same bug more than once.

3.) Please include the location of the emulator on your harddrive. Eg. D:\DSEmu

4.) Please include which version of DSemu you are using.

5.) Please include any pertinent information like what file were you loading.

6.) Please copy and paste the detailed error report you receive from Windows when the emulator crashes.

These rules are to streamline the bug reporting process and to keep things nice and neat.

Edited by MeGaBiTe1

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks GryphonKlaw!

Emulator version: dsemu-0.0.1c

System: WinXP Home

This bug sounds pretty stupid, since the likelihood of it becoming a problem is slim, but I'll just start us off.

When trying to open a ROM that's name is 48 (including extension) characters long or more, the emulator crashes instantly. I guess this is some kind of buffer overflow.

When I went to open the 3rd one it crashed.

What's the filename?

All the ones that come in the DSemu package work for me, except for mnc-smb.gba, which crashes. Is that the one you're talking about?

---------------------------------------------------------

I don't want to sound like too much of a noob here, but what's the point of an emulator that doesn't play games? That's all they're meant to do isn't it? And how can you find bugs if you aren't using it for it's main purpose?

This emulator's point is to play DS games. It just hasn't gotten to that stage of development yet, and it doesn't claim to have.

We find bugs by seeing how the emulator runs test ROMs that came in the DSemu package.

Let's try to keep this thread just involved with bug reporting and assessment.

Edited by MeGaBiTe1