More proof that today's kids suck

Gryph

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These days, people just care about OMG Hi-Tech Advanced Super-improved graphics... No wonder those kids don't like Tetris or Space Invaders

A gamer doesn't though. And that's the niche that counts (or should) in a good companies eyes. That's one of the reasons EA sucks so hard. IF THEY WOULD JUST OPEN THEIR EYES TO THE TRUTH!

his computer is fine, specially if he has a linux on it, I case you haven´t read carefully he has been working giving support for aout 27 years, something tells me he knows a few more things than you do

Thanks man, but that's not precisely correct. I've actually done a few different jobs at that company. I actually started off as a train driver, before moving to IT in 1986. Back then we had these enormous main frames that took up more space than your entire house. The mainframe was slow and crashed at least once a day. I've seen the progression to LANs, Networks, PC's, and servers. So I've been in IT a long time. However the corporate world lags behind the home user in terms of faster pcs, and newer software. Also things like forums, chats, torrents, IRC, cracks, etc are unknown. These are things I'm trying to learn about.

I've noticed a lot of these "kids" these days are casual gamers or...wannabe casual gamers who's balls probably haven't dropped

I guess we're pretty muched doomed once we see like...the Super Mario Bros. on condom wrappers or something

Edited by Weirdanzeige

his computer is fine, specially if he has a linux on it, I case you haven´t read carefully he has been working giving support for aout 27 years, something tells me he knows a few more things than you do

Thanks man, but that's not precisely correct. I've actually done a few different jobs at that company. I actually started off as a train driver, before moving to IT in 1986. Back then we had these enormous main frames that took up more space than your entire house. The mainframe was slow and crashed at least once a day. I've seen the progression to LANs, Networks, PC's, and servers. So I've been in IT a long time. However the corporate world lags behind the home user in terms of faster pcs, and newer software. Also things like forums, chats, torrents, IRC, cracks, etc are unknown. These are things I'm trying to learn about.

OMG you are a piece of history Rob :lol: well anyway when it comes to computers you still know more than we do i guess, hey just wondering, did you ever get to use those cards with holes like the first computers had? BTW which is your main duty, hardware or software related?

Those cards are called Punch Cards. Each could hold 24x80 characters, which is why a dos screen is that size. They were gone when I started. There are some funny stories about them, such as someone dropping a pile of them and spending hours getting them back in order. Also it was bad if they got wet.

At my very first job, they had a teletype machine. They have become extinct now. It was basically a printer with a keyboard, connected to the phone network. You would type up something, and it would be stored on paper tape. Then you would feed the tape back in, enter the destination code, and the text would be printed at another machine somewhere in the world. No electronics, all mechanical.