More proof that today's kids suck

Gryph

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Iq, I feel sorry for you man, all my friends love classic 2d fighting games, we even play Fatal Fury 1-3 every now and then, the dude I practice marvel with still has his SNES , if itt wasn't for my sister I would still have my Genesis with Samuria showdown and StreetFighter 2 turbu , I was born in the SNES era owing a genesis at the age of 2, I grew up with sonic and over the years found out about MK and SF 2, ok , about classic games, pong sucked, but it was cool in the beggining and for a guy like me, I see a ball going back and forth mezmorizing and cool at certian times, Space invaders and Galega ROCKED!! I'll play them for hours, and does anybody remember warlords? I love it I love it I love it!!! :banghead:

Well, Iq, I feel sorry for you man, all my friends love classic 2d fighting games, we even play Fatal Fury 1-3 every now and then, the dude I practice marvel with still has his SNES , if itt wasn't for my sister I would still have my Genesis with Samuria showdown and StreetFighter 2 turbu , I was born in the SNES era owing a genesis at the age of 2, I grew up with sonic and over the years found out about MK and SF 2, ok , about classic games, pong sucked, but it was cool in the beggining and for a guy like me, I see a ball going back and forth mezmorizing and cool at certian times, Space invaders and Galega ROCKED!! I'll play them for hours, and does anybody remember warlords? I love it I love it I love it!!!  :banghead:

I used to love the platform Kung Fu game where we go up level by level.

What's the name?? :P

Dumb little bastards. Kick their ass. Galaga is, by far, one of the coolest games ever. And it kinda defeats the purpose of being old school, but the Galaga advanced shiet that came with the most recent Namco Museum (PS2) was fricken' awesome, too. It was all spinning like crazy, and I was kinda...not in a normal state at the time, so it was even more awesome. And it was two player co-op!

Tetris, too? But Tetris is awesome! It's the base set of puzzle games! Stuff falls from the sky, and you arrange it into neat piles. Who couldn't love that?!

To tell the truth, I didn't own a console before the PSX; mainly because the fact that my friend had almost every system from the Atari 2600 to Saturn...

I could just go over there and play or loan a system whenever I wanted.

As much as I agree that some old games are really great (if I didn't I wouldn't be on this forum), you remind me of old people saying "kids nowadays don't know how to have fun. We used to play with a stick and a stone; man those were the days."

I still remember the extreme visual pleasure when I first saw a Genesis or an Amiga playing. Sure gameplay is the most important part of a game, but we can't blame kids for thinking pong is ugly.

They have grown up with high standards for graphics, and are used to extreme eye-candy. I'm sure if these great oldies were remade with all the current eye-candy, most of them would change their mind.

EDIT:

EGM: What are you going to say when your kids say Wind Waker looks boring?

Parker: Get out of my house. You're out of my will.

Hehe.

Edited by taratata

Yeah all those old-skool fighting / shooting games

like king of fighters / metal slug / etc

I really am old skool. Get this:

I have never owned a console. The last one I used only had pong on it.

I collect dos games, the newest was made in 1995.

If a game fits on a single floppy disk, I want it

If a game is larger than one CD, I do NOT want it.

I started off with 8-bit computers over 20 years ago, then

progressed to a 286 and on from there. My fastest pc only

does 500mhz.

Beat that!