Tsunami hits southern coast of Asia

Sturmvogel

Lots of Scandinavians are missing... Our national Bureau of Investigation has released a list containing the names of 198 reportedly missing so far. Still the real number could very well be double that.

I've even seen this one picture on the local papers where a tourist snapped a picture just seconds before the big wave hit; people are still just sitting there or looking at the oncoming wave.

So sad.

Can you get us a picture or something?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of Scandinavians are missing... Our national Bureau of Investigation has released a list containing the names of 198 reportedly missing so far. Still the real number could very well be double that.

I've even seen this one picture on the local papers where a tourist snapped a picture just seconds before the big wave hit; people are still just sitting there or looking at the oncoming wave.

So sad.

It would be an interesting picture. Kind of morbid to ask for it though. :\

There has been actual footage of the waves hitting being shown on news stations here (Michigan, USA).

Btw, think about this:

6,000,000,000 (6 billion) people on earth

150,000 people killed in the tsunami

1 out of every 40,000 (1/40,000) persons on this planet were killed by one (basically) wave.

Edited by iq_132

So sad.

It would be an interesting picture. Kind of morbid to ask for it though. :\

Well, if you really want to see it, I can go through a few finnish e-zines, but don't hold yer breath.

Edited by Agozer

I'm happy that Bush and the rest of the people involved increased the aid package from $35 million to $350 million.

That is after a UN spokeperson make a remark that US is stingy and slow when coming to people's aid.

My personal opinion is US government is stingy and slow. But not the people of USA. I known few who really goes all out to help needy people. And Americans are always the most willing ones :thumbsup1:

I'm happy that Bush and the rest of the people involved increased the aid package from $35 million to $350 million.

That is after a UN spokeperson make a remark that US is stingy and slow when coming to people's aid.

My personal opinion is US government is stingy and slow. But not the people of USA. I known few who really goes all out to help needy people. And Americans are always the most willing ones :(

Meh. The US stingy? Let's see france or germany or russia pony up 35mil.

My personal opinion is US government is stingy and slow. But not the people of USA. I known few who really goes all out to help needy people. And Americans are always the most willing ones :(

HA! The US stingy? The US is in debt. :P We need to stop giving money away to people. This time was fine, it makes sense that we give money to them. But other times I think we need to think carefully. And raise taxes, we should raise taxes. We should siphon 10$ out of every American, and put that money SOLELY toward the debt. Surely people will agree to that...

My personal opinion is US government is stingy and slow. But not the people of USA. I known few who really goes all out to help needy people. And Americans are always the most willing ones :D

HA! The US stingy? The US is in debt. :( We need to stop giving money away to people. This time was fine, it makes sense that we give money to them. But other times I think we need to think carefully. And raise taxes, we should raise taxes. We should siphon 10$ out of every American, and put that money SOLELY toward the debt. Surely people will agree to that...

America is in debt and yet they hold the world ransom :)