Tsunami hits southern coast of Asia

Sturmvogel

Actually it does if you think about it you fool.

Because of the fact that a tidal wave moves faster then a tsunami should be pretty decent enough as an answer. At less power, but still devestating.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because of the fact that a tidal wave moves faster then a tsunami should be pretty decent enough as an answer. At less power, but still devestating.

I was talking about the speed you jerk! :) How can something move 600 mph without it being like sound or light or whatever?

Indonesia and Thailand are such common destinations for Australians...my friends were just holidaying in Phucket not that long ago.

My sympathy and well wishes go out to all those involved in this tragedy. It really does seem like one of biblical proportions.

I was talking about the speed you jerk! :) How can something move 600 mph without it being like sound or light or whatever?

If you read the article Cominus, it explains how it moves fast. It's 600 mph, about the speed of jet planes. Not the speed of light. The reason its so fast is that it is created by an immense amount of energy. An earthquake of 9 magnitude unleashes an A LOT of power....and the tsunami comes roaring in.