ATI Radeon X800 series

Mag

I thought X800 XT PE 256mb was the current fastest video card in the market, now that I noticed X850, just whats up with that, is it already on sale ? All I see is this thing has a new passive cooling for the memory, and the new feature everyone's been waiting for, none other than Dual DVI.

Any comments ?

- Radeon X850 XT and X850 XT PE are the extreme gamers cards. They lead in performance and if there's no budget, put this up there with the 6800 Ultra. Of course, ATI says we'll be able to find these on shelves in time to put them in gift boxes for the holiday season, which would tip the scales in ATI's favor, especially if 6800 Ultra cards are still going for extremely high prices and the new X850 XT and XT PE debut at MSRP.

- Radeon X800 XL is an interesting price point. It hits a spot between the current X800 Pro and the 6800 GT. ATI really needs a $400 price point offering, but dropping something between 300 and 400 may help out consumers who don't have the budget for anything more.

- Radeon X800 will take the place of the X700 XT and really negates the need for anything else at a $250 price point. This is a good answer to NVIDIA's 6800 non-ultra product, if they ever make it into the same platform space.

:afro:...850 sells for $492

Yeah, they announced the X850 two to three weeks ago. I don't know if they are on the market yet but more X800s should be showing up soon and should be cheaper. But if I were upgrading now I'd get an Nvidia 6800 since it supports Pixel Shader 3.0 which is what all the next generation games will be using. I don't know if the X850s support that yet...

:P...850 sells for $492

If someone who's not a millionaire told me he'd bought a $500 gfx card, I'd probably burst in laughter.

Then I'd walk away and think about the fact that he had just spent about 4 years of the average income of a somalian (GNI per capita (US$), 2003: 130). Just to get a few more FPSs in Doom3.

Hahaha yah thats true. But then if you think of things that way, a lot of things will make you start to feel guilty...

Anyway Im pretty stingy with the comp, but Im leaning towards one of those agp 6600s when they arrive... they seem cheap enough but still, I dont usually buy expensive cards etc. What do you think?

Hahaha yah thats true. But then if you think of things that way, a lot of things will make you start to feel guilty...

Anyway Im pretty stingy with the comp, but Im leaning towards one of those agp 6600s when they arrive... they seem cheap enough but still, I dont usually buy expensive cards etc. What do you think?

Feeling guilty is not the question. Being conscious of the relativeness of material wealths is.

6600s look good, but I'd rather go for ATIs.