Enter the Dragon

Alpha

I like Jackie Chan more than Lee or Li, though I definately respect the work of the other two. Where Jet Li and Bruce Lee tend to be more straightforward, and arguably more practical, in their fighting style, Jackie Chan is more "colorful," and I find it more entertaining to watch.

I can't really pick which of his films I like the best.. The original Drunken Master was awesome, as was the one that started with the lion/dragon fight, I think it was The Young Master.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, Jackie Chan has the comedy element that Bruce and Jet could never do

although i prefer Samo because he defys the laws of physics and is funnier than Jackie, though there best movies are the collaborations of Jackie, Samo, and Yuen Biao (they all went to the peking opera school together)

though there best movies are the collaborations of Jackie, Samo, and Yuen Biao (they all went to the peking opera school together)

The few of those movies that I've seen are the brest. I need to find more. I've heard "wheels on meals" or whatever it's called is one of the coolest.

I watched a documentary on Jackie Chan once that showed this near-fatal stunt that was fouled during a hong-kong flick. He was supposed to swing with this tree branch onto a wall. The problem was that, in real life, the wall was on the edge of a tall cliff, and the branch broke during the take. Scary stuff.

And I've actually never seen Project A - I must go find this one.

Jackie chan is far batter than Jet Li and he is loose and not as stiff as him.

I admire it a lot and of course Jackie actually has some sense of humor IMO. :(

I actually like the stiffness of Li to a degree, but that doesn't mean I don't get my kicks out of Jackie's movies.

Once upon a Time in China owns j00.

brw, Chow Yun-Fat is cool. Replacement Killers and Crouching Tiiger, Hidden Dragon for life.

jackie chan is an entertainer

bruce lee and jet li are better fighters, let li is a real shaolin martial arts/kung fu student/expert (jackie did as well, he's not harcore like jet tho :afro:).. heard a whiles ago hes quiting acting and becoming a shaolin monk?.....