King of Fighters skipping 2004

Gryph

Read it and weep: http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/12/23/ne...ws&subj=6115589

But they are working on a KOF game but it just won't be called KOF 2004. Here's a quote:

"It [the next King Of fighters] won't come out as 'KOF2004', but its development is going smoothly," Falcoon said during the event "We're making a KOF that's different from a 'KOF2004', or a 3D game like 'KOF Maximum Impact', or the 'KOF NeoWave' that was released on the Atomiswave [arcade platform]."

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's about time.. every KOF has been basically the same (94-2003). Yet people still think it's going to be a big new release. I just hope this new KOF is going to be a lot better than before. Every single KOF has been alike and just as boring as the first one. :thumbsup:

so i guess they wont be numbered..makes sence..perhaps this next one will be kof aniversery special , im assuming another dream match with EVERYONE from all kofs...that would be nice..mabey introduce even more new sprites (iori needs new walking sprites!!!

this turns me on...

It's about time.. every KOF has been basically the same (94-2003). Yet people still think it's going to be a big new release. I just hope this new KOF is going to be a lot better than before. Every single KOF has been alike and just as boring as the first one. :thumbsup:

Amen to that. They need to take a few years and actually put out a kick arse KOF. I think fans would be willing to wait....most of us have other games to keep us occupied, and not having a KOF title out every year will make us cherish the franchise.

well I must admit i did´nt like the last one nor the artworks from the latest Releases, but I still hope they release a KOF year after year and if it is possible a better one than KOF 96

I think that's the problem. They need to stop rushing them out! A year may not be enough for what fans are expecting of future releases. SNK/Playmore should take a minimun of two years. More time to work on it, test it with gamers, come up with storylines, new characters etc.

w/e most of the kof sucked anyway, i don't even know y they ake 1 every year, i just hope that they'll actually spend more time on this one and make it good