GBA SP Battery Life

NeoMaster

I just have a few questions about the GBA SP battery. I've purchased my GBA in October and I got my flash card (Xrom 512mbit) to go with it.

My question is:

Does the battery life of the GBA SP become affected by the cartridge used?

I ask this because the specs of the GBA SP say that the battery lasts about 10-12 hours with the light on. My GBA using the flash card only lasts about 6 hours with the light on before the juice is drained.

Does the size of the cartridge, number on games on the flash card, or just the flash card itself affect the battery life?

It's either something like that or my GBA is screwed or something.

Anyone else have any similar experiences?

i think if u charge it too much, that it won't last that long, so only charge it when the light turn orange but don't wait till that u can't even turn on ur gameboy to charge cuz that would hurt te battery life too, and u might want to buy a new battery if it didn't last that long even after a full charge

I'm testing out the theory that the number of games stored on the flash card affects the battery life. So far I am getting some results.

As I've said, about 5 hours of gameplay can be achieved before the power light turns orange with a flash card fully loaded. I erased it yesterday and loaded only Final Fantasy 1&2 (128mbit) and I successfully played it for 7 hours without the orange lit being displayed. It's still green as I speak and hopefully it will go up to 10 hours.