PSP Battery Life Tested

Gryph

IMO

It still sucks.

Why?

Because everything about it.

You have a specific set of things you have to do to maximize the battery life; volume and other crap like that. I still hate both though. So, SCREW YOU PSP & DS fanboys.

psp sounds like it has alot of potential, definalty something id like to take on a airplane (if i dont have a laptop with 2 nostromo usb controllers to play kawaks 1.45!!!) it doesnt turn me on yet, but no system does, especially with launch titles

I was pretty dissapointed with the battery life of the psp. It's not really a portable device with such demand on the juice. I know the best defence is that: "I ain't gonna play for more than 2 or 4 hours so that's amazing battery life as it is."

I sure that your opinion with be changed when you actually spend more time charging the battery than using the system. I say this because, sure you might not be a freak gamer and play extended periods...but what happens when you just play about 1 hour and decide to take it on the road to play movies? Before the movie actually ends you need to wait another 3 hours for a full charge or sit near a power source and watch it there. I'm smelling another gamegear. FYI I'm not biased either, I don't like the DS because of the crappy line up of games and game potential. But I am still interested in the DS because of the EMU possiblilites.

I was pretty dissapointed with the battery life of the psp. It's not really a portable device with such demand on the juice. I know the best defence is that: "I ain't gonna play for more than 2 or 4 hours so that's amazing battery life as it is."

I sure that your opinion with be changed when you actually spend more time charging the battery than using the system. I say this because, sure you might not be a freak gamer and play extended periods...but what happens when you just play about 1 hour and decide to take it on the road to play movies? Before the movie actually ends you need to wait another 3 hours for a full charge or sit near a power source and watch it there. I'm smelling another gamegear. FYI I'm not biased either, I don't like the DS because of the crappy line up of games and game potential. But I am still interested in the DS because of the EMU possiblilites.

ur so right, it's so stupid that u have to charge ur psp almost every time when u'r done playing a game or done doing some other stuff

but that is a good defence! well in my case, im too old to play for 4 hours straight, i wouldnt do it, not even if i was on a flight to london

but what if u want to do some other stuff with the PSP after u done playing for 2 hours, and now u can't even watch a movie unless u charge it , so it's gay, cuz u'll have to charge it every time ur done with it