World of Warcraft...

15 bucks to play.....damn. thats pricey. even with a month free figure 11 months is $165.00 plus price of game puts one year of play at over 200 smackers. no thanks I'd rather save that money for a new console.

The first thirty days is free, yeah.

I'm waiting for the MMORPG that breaks the mold established by EQ. Something where combat feels less like a chore and more like a fun game in its own right, where grinding, camping, farming, and all those other terms become obsolete, and where you can jump in and start enjoying things fully without playing for 27 hours just to get your most basic abilities first.

Well, WoW is definitely trying. Your basic abilities are acquired a lot faster than 27 hours (try lvl 2/3). Camping/farming/grinding is being reduced by quests...very little of it. And again, the PvP is intense, simulating an actual war. Someone walks into Horde territory, everyone knows about it, and everyone who can does something about it. Certain areas will be able to be captured following later patches (or perhaps the one I'm downloading now), and an Honor system is being implemented, rather than a simple kill count.

I sound like I'm trying to sell you the game. :lol: If you want a fresh MMO, I've heard City of Heroes is good. I haven't played it yet, but I plan to try it. Possibly even by the end of the month.

Nah, I can't stop playing WoW. Not unless there's a patch that takes 5 hours to download. Like there is. Right now.

I must be the only person here who actuallt likes eq2 over wow. I hate that everyone in wow looks the same. not enough customizations. And as much as i hate grinding, its TOO easy to level.

I went out and bought both games, but eq2 is staying on my comp

I must be the only person here who actuallt likes eq2 over wow. I hate that everyone in wow looks the same. not enough customizations. And as much as i hate grinding, its TOO easy to level.

I went out and bought both games, but eq2 is staying on my comp

I agree, EQ2 is my choice over WOW. EQ2 also made the improvement of moving experience to being driven almost entirely by quests. The fighting isn't anything new in WOW, though LordKanti makes the PVP sound pretty exciting. I like EQ2 though because of that customization factor.

But either game is too expensive for me. :thumbsup: I just play them at friends houses.

I really want to play it! And I mean really, really wanna play!

Have a few problems tho..., unless I get into hacking I dunno where I'm gonna find the money to play it; Secondly, how good a connection does it require cuz I got a crappy satellite which is like 256 kbps and 30 kB/s download max (imagine how slow I get animes, but at least now I can get them :blink:) thirdly:

I'm stuck between a Troll Shaman and a Nightelf Priest!! Dunno which to choose, I was aiming towards the priest but now after reading the second WarCraft novel I'm leaning towards the shaman....