World of Warcraft...

flockING OWNS! I love this game. I've been playing it for a couple weeks now, and I'll review it when I take some screenshots, but as of now, just go buy it. The classes are all completely different, the PvP is original, focusing on massive battles rather than duels (though duels are still available). On a PvP server, the faction difference can get pretty intense. I try to rile people up on a regular basis. :lol: The crafting is awesome, and limited enough so that crafted items aren't too common. You have to actually interact with other people to get some equipment.

Plus, I play, so you can spend time with me. Ghede on the Archimonde server. I'm starting my own guild, the Dark Student Council, and we're gonna go kick some daisy-eating Alliance ass.

How does the combat work? Is it your typical EQ/AC/Every other MMORPG style where you basically auto-attack and then use special abilities as they recharge?

And how do you gain new abilities? Do you have to grind a bunch of exp and cash and then go buy them from a trainer somewhere?

No grinding, the majority of your XP will come from quests. Which still normally concern killing specific monsters or collecting certain items, are better than the "Go kill things" mentallity of everything else.

You still buy skills, but they aren't expensive or anything... I've had enough money to buy every skill as soon as I reach the proper level, with some left over.

The combat system can be described in that way...but something makes it better than the combat system I experienced playing EQ. Or maybe everything else about the game just makes me like it more.

I mean, ultimately, it's an MMO, and if you just hate MMOs, this probobly won't change your mind. But if you've ever even thought about playing EQ, then I think you'll enjoy WoW. When I say it's awesome, I mean it's awesome in comparison to other MMOs and RPGs.

Edited by LordKanti

No grinding, the majority of your XP will come from quests.  Which still normally concern killing specific monsters or collecting certain items, are better than the "Go kill things" mentallity of everything else.

You still buy skills, but they aren't expensive or anything...  I've had enough money to buy every skill as soon as I reach the proper level, with some left over.

The combat system can be described in that way...but something makes it better than the combat system I experienced playing EQ.  Or maybe everything else about the game just makes me like it more.

I mean, ultimately, it's an MMO, and if you just hate MMOs, this probobly won't change your mind.  But if you've ever even thought about playing EQ, then I think you'll enjoy WoW.  When I say it's awesome, I mean it's awesome in comparison to other MMOs and RPGs.

Yeah, ok, I getcha. It still follows the established MMORPG formula, it just does it in its own way.

I'm waiting for the MMORPG that breaks the mold established by EQ. Something where combat feels less like a chore and more like a fun game in its own right, where grinding, camping, farming, and all those other terms become obsolete, and where you can jump in and start enjoying things fully without playing for 27 hours just to get your most basic abilities first.

In the meantime, to each his own, and may you enjoy WoW to its fullest. :(

I want to play this game but I can't justify 50 bucks for a game and 10 bucks to play it. and I don't have enough time to be messing with an mmorpg. but from what I have heard and seen of the beta it looked vary interesting.