Bittorrent seems to be dying....

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah crud. This sucks major amount of stuff. There are still other places to go to, but this doesn't look good.

Just a while ago, a finnish torrent site called FinReactor got shut down by our National Bureau of Investigation.

I thought I knew every torrent site but never heard of torrentbits. Hmm.

Anyways, loads of new sites are popping up all over the place. For every 1 that goes under, another emerges. Have no fear sir.

I do NOT condone piracy btw :P

meh.  New sites will pop up, new p2p clients will appear.

It's the way the net has always been.

Truth, but alas, for me it takes a while before I can find those free-for-all sites again like SN. Well, even so, we should not despair, as there's always a way to get what you want.

and it starts...

from suprnova

[I]Greetings everybody,

As you have probably noticed, we have often had downtimes. This was because it was so hard to keep this site up!

But now we are sorry to inform you all, that SuprNova is closing down for good in the way that we all know it.

We do not know if SuprNova is going to return, but it is certainly not going to be hosting any more torrent links.

We are very sorry for this, but there was no other way, we have tried everything.

Thank you all that helped us, by donating mirrors or something else, by uploading and seeding files, by helping people out on IRC and on forum, by spreading the word about suprnova.

It is a sad day for all of us!

Please visit suprnova every once in a while to get the latest news on what is happening and if there is anything new to report on.

As we wish to maintain the nice comunity that we created, we are keppig forums and irc servers open.

Thank you all and Goodbye!

sloncek & the rest of the SuprNova Team

:P

Edited by BoomBa_GoosE

Indeed, This Is A Sad Day For Us All.

OH CRAP!! I just Got A Tear In My Eye.

But, For Sure There Will Be Other P2P Clinets That Will Be Made.

And Gryph Suprnova Was Working On A Client?

It's interesting that they lift forums and IRC servers open.  Anyone see if they had f-serves up with torrents or anything like that?  Or if they went "legit?"

The way I understood that all, SN wasn't forced to shut down by anyone.

And yes, SN was working onn a BT client of their own.