Planned on building my own PC

Mag

I really need yer guys support on this one, yes this is the first time I will be attempting to build a pc, time is hard to put into use, since next semster of school is around the corner, I need alot of advice and suggestions :shootem: before begining the developement during the holidays.

I read this: http://www.pcmech.com/byopc/ but not finish, seems efficient, but I'm worried about other things, I don't think it even covers everything, anywho, I'am checking out the TechTV show about BYOC, for starters like me need to be ready at full scale :death:

i think there's an video guide on how to build a computer and what parts u need, that u can download on suprnova, and it's from tech tv, so u might want to check that out and building a computer is not that hard, but buying the right stuff and get it cheap is what's hard but i can't teach u anything about that, also before u buy anythin, u might want to think about what kinda computer ur building, cuz that'll help alot when ur buying ur stuff

The first time I built a PC it took about 4 hours. Now I can pretty much do it about 2.

Tweaking takes a while since you have to do it after you install the software.

Edited by GryphonKlaw

IxI SoNiK IxI is right, Anandtech rocks, but it's a little tough to sift through all the information if you don't know what you're looking for.

I recommend Directron.com and NewEgg.com for parts. If you're in a state where one charges tax and the other doesn't, the non-tax one will usually be cheaper. And even with Tax they're some of the lowest prices out there on most stuff.

Are you looking to built a specific type of machine? Like a really tricked out one with lights and stuff, or a silent running machine (you'd be surprised how nice that is), or just a simple browse the web and play games machine, or a hardcore powerful rig, etc?

u should ghost the harddrive ur using right now and then put the image to ur new Hd that ur getting for ur comptuer, but i'm not sure if it's gonna work since the hardware is different