Do you guys think this is unconstintutial?

Lucandrake

Excuse me if I sounds skeptical and pessimistic here, but I think that online petitions hardly reach their intended status.

Actually, a number of them have actually been passed in various states, so it's only a matter of time b4 some1 takes it to the next level. Why can't that be us?

EDIT: Oops, sry for the double "actually"

Edited by powuh_of_PIE

I'm not sure we could scrounge 2000 over-18 signatures here, could we? And do we, an emulation site, really want to be representin' in congress? There's got to be a petition online somewhere already?

It's a noble pursuit, I'm just not sure 1emu is the place.

Well, im taking Java classes next year, by then we should have more people over 18, but I wouldnt mind tackling the idea, it would be a good challenge, but of course we need someone elses name to be under the site, if they find out a 15 or 16 year old is running the site or the group it can kill the case...

On-line petitions don't work. And for a number of reasons, including:

1. (Unlike a pen-and-paper petition) There's no way to tell if people signed more than once (at least the originator of a pen-and-paper petition will be more likely to know if someone signed it twice)

2. (Unlike a pen-and-paper petition) There's no way to put your actual signature on the petition (with pen-and-paper petitions, you can search the sigs for similarities, to tell if some entries have been faked)

3. (Unlike a pen-and-paper petition) There's no way to tell if people signing it come from the relevent age or geographic area or whatever