Samsho.zip help

neo

• 8 months later...

I don't know which one is corrupted, the rom or the BIOS. The place I got them from has very reliable games for all other emulators, but not so much with NeoGeo.

I tried running samsho in MAME to see if it was maybe my emu that was the problem, and I got this message:

sfix.sfx NOT FOUND

sp-s2.sp1 NOT FOUND

sm1.sm1 NOT FOUND

000-lo.lo NOT FOUND

These are variations of the BIOS I already have. I actually have two BIOS, both of different sizes. What are the correct files for them?

Another problem might be this; The file sizes seemed about right for all of the samsho games I have, but they are in.bin format not.rom. Do I need to find another place for my neoroms? (I tried other roms as well, and with the exception of the testscreen, none from that site have worked.

They're in the zip. I have two BIOS actually, and I heard conflicting reports as to which is the right one.

The first includes:

Neo-geo.rom

Ng-lo.rom

Ng-sfix.rom

Ng-sm1.rom

The second has:

000-lo.lo

asia-s3.rom

sfix.sfx

sm1.sm1

sp.jiman.1024

sp-e.sp1

sp-j2.rom

sp-s.sp1

sp-s2.sp1

usa_2slt.bin

vs-bios.rom

I was thinking that the first one was fine, but if I need all of those others, then I have them.

About the samsho roms themselves, is.bin format okay?

The first one is the BIOS set used by NeoRAGEx, nebula and Kawaks (possibly FBA too).

The second one is the one used by MAME. MAME works with BINs just fine, and exclusively uses BIN in most newer sets anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've got a samsho5 rom which i'm running in the Hacked neoragex ver. I manged to get it running, but it comes up with the dreaded "bank error". I gather that I need a different P1 rom. Could someone put up a link to the fixed P1?

No links to roms are allowed. However, use EGCG NeoRAGEx instead and you don't have to worry about the Bank Error. Check the 1Emulation download section (NeoRAGEx Final v4.ac).

Thanks Agozer, I've found that neoragex ver you were talking about, and it runs my samsho5 rom fine. Only one problem... that darned practice mode is missing again. I know you guys are going to tell me that that it's nrx fault, and I have to use a different emu, but nebula comes out in B&W, while FRAevo(?) refuses to see the rom at all. It's frustrating to have multipel versions of an emu just to play sinlges roms, but a necessary evil, i guess. Are there any neoragex Samurai Shodown V roms with practice mode enabled?