Africa and the AIDS epidemic

emsley

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gryph: I know AIDS has been around for a long time before Bush, but AFAIK he's the first moron to push for abstinense based education (and, more importantly, DENY GOVERNMENT FUNDING TO ANY PROGRAM THAT IS NOT ABSTINENSE BASED) in Africa.

abstinense based education

I know it's sometimes difficult to masterize our emotions, but this's a nice solution to avoid the viral spread.

No, it very much is not. Do you really think that an epidemic of the scale of aids in africa will be stopped by telling people not to have sex?

It's a ridiculous proposition, and safe-sex programs are the only way to even put a dent in the numbers - but Bush is stedfastly REFUSING to fund safe-sex education or, say, condom distribution programs, instead resorting to the juvenile and naïve assumption that telling people not to have sex is going to do anything to stop the AIDS virus from spreading.

I know it's sometimes difficult to masterize our emotions, but this's a nice solution to avoid the viral spread.

Do you really think that an epidemic of the scale of aids in africa will be stopped by telling people not to have sex?

No, the virus won't be eradicated easily coz it comes from SIV & it will stay transmittable by blood transfusions.

Also, the minority of uneducated people will refuse to believe in safe-sex recommendations or in condom use measures.

Yes, it is unfortunate. Africa is my homeland and all. Of course when there is so much misinformation, such as having sex with a virgin will cure you, what do you expect? We give them condoms and they don't use them.

Something tells me ( and genetics has shown) that a genetic mutation may occur where individuals are immune. This already exists in European populations. Maybe the onslaught of Aids will select for it.

to think, modern fatal diseases didn't start appearing until europeans started going out to conquor the world spreading their catholocism :death: , or like spain, spreading their seed Edited by Weirdanzeige

Do you really think that an epidemic of the scale of aids in africa will be stopped by telling people not to have sex?

No, the virus won't be eradicated easily coz it comes from SIV & it will stay transmittable by blood transfusions.

Also, the minority of uneducated people will refuse to believe in safe-sex recommendations or in condom use measures.

That's what sex-ed programs are for to EDUCATE people. Also, that minority would be FAR smaller than the minority of people who would stop having sex just because they'd been told to do so.

I was watching a special on this not to long ago. It was pretty sad... but anyways they went on about it. They were showing how things are kinda split up. You got ur christians trying to teach people to wait about having sex till mariage then u got these abortion loving group of people who go out to the tribes and give the women one condom a piece and show them how to use it... i was like wtf. It was screwed up they gave them this supper thick looking rubber...(which i doubt some guy will even use since its soo damn thick) that didnt even look like it would work. Not to mention it wasnt even lubercated so it probably crack in a second. Anyways after watching that show the group that was doing that somehow started sending me damn mail asking for money to support over there. I was like flock that stupid pricks tell them not to have sex... instead of supporting there sex with cheap condoms. :death:

Edited by Bluestinger X

That's what sex-ed programs are for to EDUCATE people.

Indeed, you were right in your previous post ; even with educated people, the epidemic won't be eradicated, coz lots of mothers or future mothers 're already infected, the prostitution won't disappear in the countries affected by the poverty & in certain countries, tourists will continue to use children as sexual slaves.

you think that if prositution were legal all over the world and unionized like it is in holland, there would be less pedophiles and sexual weirdos running the streets for a cheap thrill?

nah u still would see them. They would get bored and want other stuff. Im sure if u research holland probably still has weirdos... hell maybe more :death:.