Africa and the AIDS epidemic

emsley

Do you have any info to put into top this topic?

Some of the worlds top minds in medical world, theoreticly belive that in 50 years african people could be boarderline to becoming an exstinct culture.

How unjust that we all have houses and play video games, with out a second thought for millions on people suffering.

I guess this is a political topic.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it is unfortunate. Africa is my homeland and all. Of course when there is so much misinformation, such as having sex with a virgin will cure you, what do you expect? We give them condoms and they don't use them.

Something tells me ( and genetics has shown) that a genetic mutation may occur where individuals are immune. This already exists in European populations. Maybe the onslaught of Aids will select for it.

In Genetics we came up with a way to get rid of AIDS in one generation: pay everyone who had AIDS to not flock anymore

But yeah, it's a sad state of affairs.

Are countrys battle terrorism but there monies would be better spent on creative methods instead of invading other countries, [ i know all for good means but we will see in time ] its a big crap pie, and are "democratic countries" wont take a bite.

Yes, it is unfortunate. Africa is my homeland and all. Of course when there is so much misinformation, such as having sex with a virgin will cure you, what do you expect? We give them condoms and they don't use them.

Something tells me ( and genetics has shown) that a genetic mutation may occur where individuals are immune. This already exists in European populations. Maybe the onslaught of Aids will select for it.

Nice bit fo info there.

That's true. It has something to do with some of the survivors of the Black Death. Actually, a few weeks back two women in China were found to be immune to HIV.

That's true. It has something to do with some of the survivors of the Black Death. Actually, a few weeks back two women in China were found to be immune to HIV.

Great, that was news to me... and the doctors and scientists are extatic.

That's why Bush's biggest of his many flock-ups is by pushing for ABSTINENSE-BASED education in Africa! What, is he a flocking moron? Actually, he already answered that question many times over.

I mean, for crying out loud, in a country where (as has been said) it's widely believed that raping a virgin cures you of AIDS, the best form of sex-ed is NOT abstinense based!!!!1