So you want to learn Japanese

Mag

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardest would be dead languges that no body knows about.

That's given, I'm sure. :lol: Anybody here speak alien?

I got a friend who speaks Klingon

Hmm... I suppose Klingon isn't so hard then. I'm sure Al-Bhed isn't either. :P

This was hilarious. I was a Japanese minor for awhile. This is funny because its so true. I remember my reaction when I learned during my second year that everything we had learned was basically too formal to ever be used in normal conversations with our peers, and really only suited for business. Apparently my joke of a teacher thought we all wanted to go into international business, rather than just watch anime with the subtitles off. GRR!

Also, over three years of japanese I probably learned 100 Kanji. Which is about what you are supposed to know by the end of the first month of the first year. And I never learned that stroke order thing at all, that just seemed entirely pointless.

Don't take japanese kids! While its not the hardest language, it is the hardest language class!

No!! When I'm off to college im taking a Japanese class first chance I get, I want to move to japan and be the tallest man there :lol:. It'll suck ass seeing everyone in my sociaty and place half my size, im 6.3, kinda big for a fourteen year old, don't you guys think?

This was hilarious.  I was a Japanese minor for awhile.  This is funny because its so true.  I remember my reaction when I learned during my second year that everything we had learned was basically too formal to ever be used in normal conversations with our peers, and really only suited for business.  Apparently my joke of a teacher thought we all wanted to go into international business, rather than just watch anime with the subtitles off.  GRR!

Also, over three years of japanese I probably learned 100 Kanji.  Which is about what you are supposed to know by the end of the first month of the first year.  And I never learned that stroke order thing at all, that just seemed entirely pointless.

Don't take japanese kids!  While its not the hardest language, it is the hardest language class!

Ummm...WTF!! What language class were you in Sultan? Japanese for business?! If you actually paid attention to your studies, you'd know that it was distal style (ie. polite) Japanese you were learning. The japanese in anime is informal and rude, some of which you rarely ever say to someone. Did you honestly expect to go in and after the first few classes speak informal Japanese? Typically, one does not start with the direct stlye (ie. informal) japanese. That comes later as you learn new structures and predicates. By now though, you should know that dropping the copula "desu" will make something direct style. And I just started taking the language...

Just curious, what crap of a school are you attending...I honestly can't believe you're being taught that way, assuming its not a business oriented course.