Been a long time

emsley

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, if you let the correct Cart ID 269, the game 'll freeze.

But if you change the Cart ID (a number before 269), the game won't freeze.

Hhhm ok well that tells me thats a bug with the emulator.Which must of been fixed in the later hacks of NeoRage.

Edited by James

Yes, if you let the correct Cart ID 269, the game 'll freeze.

But if you change the Cart ID (a number before 269), the game won't freeze.

Hhhm ok well that tells me thats a bug with the emulator.Which must of been fixed in the later hacks of NeoRage.

Yeah, seems so. I might give this one a shot, since it has been a while since I've hexed any Neo-Geo roms.

I would not do it myself simply because it has the right ID now If you change it then it is wrong The correct ID is there for a reason.

You should try FBA one day Agozer Maybe I could compile you a version that matches your neogeo rom sets

You should try FBA one day Agozer  Maybe I could compile you a version that matches your neogeo rom sets

Well, I'd certainly be in your debt if you did that... Plus, now that the Neo-Geo is baically dead, I've got all the sets I need. Then again, I've got the trusty Nebula, but FBA truly isn't half bad.

If the NRX emulator you use is hacked then there is no nostalgia at all

I find NRX to be kiddy friendly :)

Try running svc on the offical NRX.

I have and it rocks agozer got the good version.

<_>

lol

I'm glad you found that "special" version. :)

When it comes to neo geo emulation nrx rocks, and the fact that you can even use it on low spec machines proofs that it is a waaay better emulator, of course it is lacking in certain aspects but as it is was said, the emu is no onger updated and i doubt it ever will and the hacks, they SUCK soooo much :lol:

most seems to think that way, but its never true. you missed the point in the first place.

emulate = mimic, and thats basically it. in this case, Neogeo hardware and games were being mimicked. in human terms, if you try to mimic a person and missed a distinct detail or two, then that wouldnt be at least close copy (when compared to others that mimics the same person more completely). go play Last Blade 2 at a real arcade and take a closer look at the fiery house stage. now play it on NRX or Kawaks. it might be a little detail altogether but those little details makes mimicking closer to perfection.

also, MAME isnt just slow because of crappy programming or anything, and it has always been like that for a reason.

call me a geek anything but i personally dont give a rat's a$$ on what emus you want to use. but if the discussion is about the better neogeo mimicker, i can safely assume that NRX is not the perfect emulator afterall.

as a side note, theres no perfect neogeo emulator, not even MAME.

dude i see your point, i nderstand you but i don{t share it, even when it comes to mimic, i believe i was clear enough when i mentioned that NRX was abandoned being under developement and even that way, the way it handles memory shows it was better programmed, of course as i said before nrx is lacking in some aspects and since i do not have a limited machine i prefer using kawaks, still my greatest respect to the beast nego geo emulator up to date IMHO

i know mame isn´t slow for crappy programming, come on is th emost compatible emu ever but many times it eill lack with specific systems emus

and yeah i don´t give a damn if what emus do other people use i can make decisions by myself, just maybe to learn about a better emulator in some cases, an emu i didnt know about

´

anyway, it is always nice to c ya posting around, regards