Been a long time

emsley

Yeah, I like NeoRage for the nostalgia. I'm a Kawaks man. Maybe later I'll be a MAME man like James. ;)

Baby steps.

Well you use what you like :lol: thats the main thing as long you are happy.

Mame32 is the best place to start Yes I know it does not have a pretty interface but all the options are there you just need to look for them Which is easy No one taught me how to use Mame32

If you use mame(Command Line Version) then you need to learn commands But that can be avoided by useing a Front end which some have pretty interface and easy to use menu I only use Mame classic front end myself. I do not care for pretty interface gui's I look at the game play and emulation and without a doubt Mame Beats NRX.

NRX has never been offically updated for years Only hacked versions If you have Low end PC then yes NRX is good But if you have a good PC then I see no reason to use it when there are better emulators to use.

When it comes to neo geo emulation nrx rocks, and the fact that you can even use it on low spec machines proofs that it is a waaay better emulator, of course it is lacking in certain aspects but as it is was said, the emu is no onger updated and i doubt it ever will and the hacks, they SUCK soooo much :)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said Mame rules  :lol:

Hahah... yes, that was the basic content of your post, but you alaborated a bit on that. :) Let's just say that I agreed with you, but also made few points why NRX is still great.

When it comes to neo geo emulation nrx rocks, and the fact that you can even use it on low spec machines proofs that it is a waaay better emulator, of course it is lacking in certain aspects but as it is was said, the emu is no onger updated and i doubt it ever will and the hacks, they SUCK soooo much :lol:

most seems to think that way, but its never true. you missed the point in the first place.

emulate = mimic, and thats basically it. in this case, Neogeo hardware and games were being mimicked. in human terms, if you try to mimic a person and missed a distinct detail or two, then that wouldnt be at least close copy (when compared to others that mimics the same person more completely). go play Last Blade 2 at a real arcade and take a closer look at the fiery house stage. now play it on NRX or Kawaks. it might be a little detail altogether but those little details makes mimicking closer to perfection.

also, MAME isnt just slow because of crappy programming or anything, and it has always been like that for a reason.

call me a geek anything but i personally dont give a rat's a$$ on what emus you want to use. but if the discussion is about the better neogeo mimicker, i can safely assume that NRX is not the perfect emulator afterall.

as a side note, theres no perfect neogeo emulator, not even MAME.

Surprisingly, that made a whole lot of sense when compared to some statements that were made in the past (not in this thread necessarily).

Edited by Agozer

Xeon always knows how to expalin things :death:

Not to offend anyone But anyone who says that NRX is the best just does not know anything about emulation.

NRX is very old and alot of things have changed since then.

Edited by James

Its the best emulator to use if your cpu is crap, but mame is the most accurate in emulation terms.

Yes I sort of said the same thing on one of my posts in this thread

http://www.1emulation.com/forums/index.php...ic=10822&st=20#

Mame32 is the best place to start  Yes I know it does not have a pretty interface but all the options are there you just need to look for them Which is easy No one taught me how to use Mame32

If you use mame(Command Line Version) then you need to learn commands But that can be  avoided by useing a Front end which some have pretty interface and easy to use menu I only use Mame classic front end myself. I do not care for pretty interface gui's I look at the game play and emulation  and without a doubt Mame Beats NRX.

NRX has never been offically updated for years Only hacked versions If you have Low end PC then yes NRX is good But if you have a good PC then I see no reason to use it when there are better emulators to use.

Edited by James

To run SVC (Bootleg hacked P1 w/o bankswitching), you 've to change the cart ID of the game in opening P1 with an hex editor. If you don't do it, the game 'll freeze before the comments of the charas.

Ah it needs to be hacked

So is the ID correct when it has that problem or when you change the ID then it has the right ID.

Edited by James