Been a long time

emsley

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I like NeoRage for the nostalgia. I'm a Kawaks man. Maybe later I'll be a MAME man like James. :shootem:

Baby steps.

Well you use what you like :P thats the main thing as long you are happy.

Mame32 is the best place to start Yes I know it does not have a pretty interface but all the options are there you just need to look for them Which is easy No one taught me how to use Mame32

If you use mame(Command Line Version) then you need to learn commands But that can be avoided by useing a Front end which some have pretty interface and easy to use menu I only use Mame classic front end myself. I do not care for pretty interface gui's I look at the game play and emulation and without a doubt Mame Beats NRX.

NRX has never been offically updated for years Only hacked versions If you have Low end PC then yes NRX is good But if you have a good PC then I see no reason to use it when there are better emulators to use.

Edited by James

Well....last kawaks update I have is 1.46. Can't rember FBA (not on my comp now) but its a pre-neogeo playable one...has nine in it.

The only thing I update is NRX, to play new roms on my super slow ass six your old computer. Another reason I don't update often is  the fact that my ping is to sucky for kaillera, so I'm not motivated to update my emu's......:shootem:

Hmm...I'll look forward to the new FBA....about time it plays neogeo games.

i actually still use my 300 Mhz Celeron PC here for everything including emulation (jeez, and i thought im alone now since Agozer now has a new workhorse :P).

ive always used NRX, Kawaks just didnt satisfy me with its performance but since ive used FBA (along with learning to compile my own build), i never had to wait for hacked P ROMs (which took days to weeks back then) just to make it work. plus it was faster than Kawaks ever did on my comp. oh, and i never bothered to look back to NRX either.

MAME level accessibility + near NRX speed, total package for me i say.

James, you're too accustomed in have "true to the original" emulation. :) I say easy usability before anything else. :P I also consider it quite of an universal favor for programmers to get new games working on NRX even if it's the first Neo-Geo emulator ever and misses some of the emulation features.

And yes, some people do not have fast computers even today. I's like you said, use whatever you feel comfortable with. :(

Haha! James' post got unintentionally owned by Agozer. :)

Aye, that it did... One of the curses of being a SMOD. Reply and Edit are at the exact same spot if you haven't scrolled to the bottom of the page.

PWNED BY JAMES

Edited by James

I cannot recall all what I said.So I will leave it like it is.

If that happens again Just click the back button intsead of reply.

It was already too late when i figured out my mistake, so...

btw, I did agree with most that you said. ;)