Been a long time

emsley

FBA is open source, so if you have enough time and knowledge, you can make it run any neogeo sets you want.

The official builds of FBA use the same roms as Nebula, Kawaks, and MAME.

Also, FBA is almost as fast as NRX, but has a MUCH better sound core (which is why it's a bit slower) and much fewer bugs. The version the FBA team is going to release next will have an ASM m68000 core, which will speed things up even more ;):)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe...well its new to me Agozer...I haven't udated my emu's for a while...meh.

How long is "a while" in your case? I'm jut curious.

Well....last kawaks update I have is 1.46. Can't rember FBA (not on my comp now) but its a pre-neogeo playable one...has nine in it.

The only thing I update is NRX, to play new roms on my super slow ass six your old computer. Another reason I don't update often is the fact that my ping is to sucky for kaillera, so I'm not motivated to update my emu's......;)

Hmm...I'll look forward to the new FBA....about time it plays neogeo games.

Another reason I don't update often is  the fact that my ping is to sucky for kaillera, so I'm not motivated to update my emu's......:P.

What? What does kaillera have to do with updating emulators? :lol:

Another reason I don't update often is  the fact that my ping is to sucky for kaillera, so I'm not motivated to update my emu's......:P.

What? What does kaillera have to do with updating emulators? :lol:

Well...for the best performance you wanna have the newest emu as the other ppl you're playing with. Most ppl on the servers have the lastest versions...correct me if I'm wrong hehehe.

Why is that ?

All neogeo games made after 1998 were encrypted NRX needs hacked P roms and decrypted roms to work Where Mame , Nebula , Kawaks, FBA can handle the roms without the need to use hacked roms.

Even the sound is bad in NRX :P

Well...thank you for that informative comment James. I'm sure even you could get Mame to run on a AMD k6 300mhz, 64mb Ram with ATI RageII with 2mbs computer.

Alas...a noob such as I can't manage that...

You are welcome :lol:

Edited by James