SPIKE TV: Video Game Awards 2004

OMG !!! *ROFL at those nominations*

you gotta be kidding me, not only is it funny, but the whole thing is just rediculous and stupid, it's good thing, I only watched 5 minutes of it, and from the aspect of the show, it looks rather like some bad MTV music award show with bad music along with dancing hookers. This show is completely wack.

If anyone remember about last year stupid nomination:

Best fighting game of the year: WWE Smackdown: HCTP lmao

Here's a great article that puts the travesty which was the SpikeTV Video Game Awards into proper perspective.

http://games.slashdot.org/games/04/12/15/1...&tid=129&tid=10

I didn't watch it, but i saw the promos and boiled it down in my head to around what Zonk mentioned in the article. It wasn't going to be anything meaningful or representitive. Just some half arsed attempt to be hip and cool (im sure fueled by GTA mania) and not recognize the video game medium for what it is, akin to movies and art etc...

wow, i can whole-heartedly disagree with every single game that won the award there except for 2, one of them isnt even a game "Cyber Vixen of the Year" because who else was there to choose from? Cortana from Halo 2? Pff, and Best movie game, because that game actually was very good untill you beat it and realized there was no multiplayer and you where just done. I would still force myself to give it at least a 7/10 though. Probably deserves higher though. But again, what else was there to choose from?

I wanted to watch it for the motley crue reunion. but other then that I don't feel I missed much. game related TV is lame all around. all that stuff on techTV is lame. I wanna smack adam sesler and morgan webb around with a rolled up newspaper. same for all the other game related shows out now.

The game shows on TV over here (and I don't mean award shows) are, lo-and-behold, very good quality, since the VJs are gamers themselves.

At least those who control what's on TV haven't given us any game award shows yet. I just hope that stuff like Spike TV doesn't get ported over here.