Old Games that developers should remake!

dj_geejay

I Lurved the Amiga and playing games on it was the Shizz! Im glad i didnt listen to my dad back in the day when he told me to get a crappy 286-386 or whatever was around then!

Now to pick an old game and bring new life to it well it is a tough decision as todays gamers i guess have a different perspective since its usually all about how a game looks rather than whats generally in it (Doom 3 for example) but graphics never truely mattered to us gamers of old. But then again played a small part :)

If i were to get some old games back on the band wagon i would suggest:

Cinemaware's Rocket Ranger and IT Came from teh Desert

P.P. Hammer and his Pnuematic Weapon

Rick Dangerous

Jumping Jackson

But then again why bring back greats when they are still just as good through the emulators those fabulous people have made today so that us oldies can still enjoy a decent game of the original lemmings! :P

What would you guys reckon?

Final Fantasy 6. With new features and chosable characters to start with and/or at the part where the earth is being broken into pieces.

I think this is solely an Amiga games discussion, but do correct me if I'm in err.

Dynamite Dux

Rick Dangeroud

Disposable Hero

Lotus 2

Giana Sisters (Oh yes)

Cabal (although there has been numerous similar games already)

Edited by Agozer

The scarey thing about remakes of old games is that they can turn out shite. For example, Speedball 3000 (or whatever it was) should have been good, but it wasn't.

But, if we are going with remakes:

Gods - one of my fav games ever

Xenon II

Speedball II - give it another go

The Chaos Engine

Shadow of the Beast

Chase HQ

Fire Power

Interphase

Supercars

One thing tho...I wouldn't like to see remakes in 3d. I think these remakes would look beautiful with really detailed, hand drawn 2d graphics, like on SF3 or Metal Slug. Remakes which have done so have been successful - see the Head Over Heels remake.

However, the Chaos Engine in 3d, perhaps as a FPS, would be interesting. A new 3d Chase HQ game would be good too, if it could retain the coolness of the original. A 3d Supercars would be awesome!

Edited by Chaotica