No plans for conscription in the US, huh?

random guy

Cominus, bite me.

I would have *thought* it was clear for ANYONE with 1/4 of a brain (but I guess that excludes you!) that the point I was making is once you start playing with ethicallities like signing people up to the SS through free ice-cream lists, or forcing people to sign up before they're 18 even thouh the rules state that you have to be 18 before you sign up, that you're on a slippery slope, and who knows what they'd resort to doing.

Grow a brain, arsehole.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's try to avoid flaming here folks.. :wink:

Cominus, bite me.

I would have *thought* it was clear for ANYONE with 1/4 of a brain (but I guess that excludes you!) that the point I was making is once you start playing with ethicallities like signing people up to the SS through free ice-cream lists, or forcing people to sign up before they're 18 even thouh the rules state that you have to be 18 before you sign up, that you're on a slippery slope, and who knows what they'd resort to doing.

Grow a brain, arsehole.

I understand the point you're trying to make, and mine was that it's the people drawing these out as "ethicallities" who are usually on the slippery slope, not the people doing these things. The ice cream list "incident" happened 20 years ago, and we haven't slid any nearer to a draft yet. The DMV thing seems perfectly reasonable when viewed objectively, it's only when you start drawing unsupportable paranoid conclusions that it nears a slippery slope.

Fear Selective Services, hate Selective Services, I'm right there with ya. Avoid a draft if they ever do one, and I'll meet you for a beer on the other side of the border. But in the meantime, fight the fight with reason and facts, not paranoia and slippery slopes that do more to disqualify your beliefs than support them. And that's the end of what I'm going to say on that.

Cominus, bite me.

Grow a brain, arsehole.

What point are you trying to make? Get it over it! Technicaly you can sign up when you're 17 with your parents consent for your information! Alot of the stuff you're talking about was fone in the past. Today things have become a little bit more political. Things are a bit different ths time around, so stop your whining, cuz really you're not getting anywhere with it, and ethics?! What about them? So what of the names? They're just names, like that guy up there who had made up a fake name so that he could get more fake ice cream? They can't send a guy who doesn't exist to war can they, or can they? Hmmm...im gonna do some reaserch on this and find out. I'll be back with some info later one. So much greatness in 2004. Babe's curse broken, some other crap, and random fag biatched slapped. :wink:

Cominus, bite me.

Grow a brain, arsehole.

What point are you trying to make? Get it over it! Technicaly you can sign up when you're 17 with your parents consent for your information! Alot of the stuff you're talking about was fone in the past. Today things have become a little bit more political. Things are a bit different ths time around, so stop your whining, cuz really you're not getting anywhere with it, and ethics?! What about them? So what of the names? They're just names, like that guy up there who had made up a fake name so that he could get more fake ice cream? They can't send a guy who doesn't exist to war can they, or can they? Hmmm...im gonna do some reaserch on this and find out. I'll be back with some info later one. So much greatness in 2004. Babe's curse broken, some other crap, and random fag biatched slapped. :wink:

Fine, well I hope once the draft gets re-instated they send you over to Iraq first. Then when you're huddling in the trenches trying desperately to keep warm in the freezing desert nights, and trying to keep your head down to avoid it getting shot off, and you don't have any body armour because the Bush administration "can't afford it", you can say "Today things are more political" and feel 100% better.