No plans for conscription in the US, huh?

random guy

now that i'm thinking about it, i'm not a US citizen yet, so the draft won't aply to me even when i turn 18

Actually, you can be drafted. All US male residents and citizens abroad are required to register by the age of 18.

From the Selective Service System:

Almost all other male noncitizens are required to register, including illegal aliens, legal permanent residents, and refugees. The general rule is that if a male noncitizen takes up residency in the U.S. before his 26th birthday, he must register with Selective Service.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Sultan is right. What's so new and odd about this? I had to register for the draft when I turned 18, colleges ask if you have registered for selective service.

It's that some states are requiring you to register when you're younger, IE, when you get your drivers liscence. Some people are taking this to mean they're going to start drafting, and that this somehow means they're going to start taking younger people. I point this out because I got bitched out for not noticing it earlier.

And nevermind that the youngest (18-19) group gets drafted last under our system...

I'm 26 in less than six months. After that I never have to worry about it again!

BTW, the real reason for the drivers license requirement to register is to get more lower income boys to register. The previous requirements were that you had to register before you could file for financial aid for college. This way makes it a bit more universal. Granted, it now happens at a younger age, but the actual draft wouldn't affect anyone under 18 years of age.

From the Selective Service System:
Almost all other male noncitizens are required to register, including illegal aliens, legal permanent residents, and refugees. The general rule is that if a male noncitizen takes up residency in the U.S. before his 26th birthday, he must register with Selective Service.

Illegal aliens forced to register? Isn't that a bit paradoxal?

They risk being expulsed AND have to register? If I was an illegal alien, no way I'd do that.

in the US its mandatory to sign it once your 18, well unless your a dual citizen like me but its not a big deal because there are enough people in our military voluntary just wanting to shoot "sand n*gg*rs" in the head

thanks for the comment.

(a partial sand nigger)

(yes and i do realize it wasn't intentional, just commenting.) :P

in the US its mandatory to sign it once your 18, well unless your a dual citizen like me but its not a big deal because there are enough people in our military voluntary just wanting to shoot "sand n*gg*rs" in the head

thanks for the comment.

(a partial sand nigger)

(yes and i do realize it wasn't intentional, just commenting.) :naughty:

well its true, i doubt we will ever have another draft, that would require all 3 branches of the american government and thats way beyond the presidents ability.

I don't think we'll see a draft in the U.S. anytime soon. Selective Service is an emergency measure should the country be faced with an overwhelming national crisis. The only conscription measure hinted it by the administration involves a selective draft, where individuals with special skills, as in engineering, networking etc would be needed.