MPAA to serve lawsuits on BitTorrent servers

Gryph

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/12/14/mpaa_vs_bittorrent/

The Motion Picture Ass. of America (MPAA) will today launch a legal attack on BitTorrent users in a bid to prevent ripped DVDs being shared across the network.

The lawsuit will target BitTorrent server operators, Reuters reports rather than downloaders, indicating this is less an assault on the technology and more on the people misusing it.

It seems they're going for the places that host trackers now...that one site could go down if they win.

Edited by GryphonKlaw

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

god damn it , they've gone too far, they r so gay. anyway even if most BT site get shut down, a new file sharing tech would come out and then another, so THEY CAN"T STOP US. lol

Wait wait, MPAA doesn't have rights in other countries, it's ok folks, only those in the U.S. are screwed.

Unless, they take their juresdiction over international waters. Which is just fscked up and there is no international law against that isn't properly governed to do so.

i read the article but i have a question about it, they're only trying to shut down trackers right?? and not doing anythng about tyhe downloaders right???

i read the article but i have a question about it, they're only trying to shut down trackers right?? and not doing anythng about tyhe downloaders right???

Seems to be that way for now. But if they cut down the trackers and places where people have access to trackers, that'll cut down the downloaders mighty quick.

Better start moving to Canada and Sweaden.

Yup. come here too. :rolleyes:

But seriously, MPAA is (once again) knee-deep in a matter that they can't get rid off completely. US laws suck.