wizard of oz mystery death

BoomBa_GoosE

jus couple days ago, i barely learned about the legend of someone killin themselves on the set of wizard of oz, and it was on film but edited out later on...some say it was a little person actor or a prop man...some same it was an animal escaping with the handler doin his work...who knows...it was on a scene where they are skippin on the yellow brick road and the witch is on the top of the cabin.....anyone got any input with this werid story? (and i never seen this movie b4)

and yeah, someone is gonan say...this is ooooold. old train....go fist urself bc i find that annoying..haha geez... :)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The rumor says that one of the midgets that plays as a munchkin hung himself since he was consumed by the power of Emo. Damn Emo. Anywho. The real story is that one of the peacocks (I think.) escaped.

I knew a site that had attempted to solve every rumor in history but I forgot it.

It is true, and i have seen it.

My friends mom recorded it back then when it aired on television. Where it happens is where they meet the witch for the first time. When she dissappeears they continue and one of them falls, forget who, tin man or scarecrow, but anyways just then you can see clearly in the background, a sillouet(cant spell it right) of a guy hanged and people trying to bring it down.

This is only in the original version. The version that came out like 15 years later has it edited, showing nothing.

Perhaps a local library has the original version, i should go and check it out.

I've seen it as well. They're going down the yellow brick road and as they move offscreen, you see something in the distance swing down on a line and hang there.

Now I've heard that it was a munchkin, and its clear it couldn't be a full-sized person because its too compact a shape. But I am more inclined to believe it is a lighting fixture. Keep in mind the background doesn't go back as far as it looks, its just a painted backdrop after a point. Because of that, the light appears to be something much larger than it is, because of the size of the scenery around it. Kind of like how they made Gandolf look so much bigger than the Hobbits by using forced perspective.

I guess it could be someone, but I think its more likely that its just a light.