What did you play most recently?

Gryph

Just when I thought Black Ops couldn't get any better, The online is really good and there are 2 old school games to unlock one is Zork for you OG's who like the txt based games and then there is DOA or Dead Ops Arcade which is a throwback to Smash TV and is a blast to play.

I might have to wait till next week to play this unless I can sneak in my mothers with my girls laptop and jump on the wirless when my old man is out.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got so many games recently, I cant play them all... Vanquish is still on the backburner.

Currently going through Castlevania LOS. This game gets irritating at times. Alot of it is me being hyper critical but not about this: it seems that enemies randomly stagger. Say I do a combo. Sometimes it staggers them, interrupting their attacks, other times they attack through it as if it doesnt hurt them at all...

Regardless, Im getting much better and noticed perfect guard is MUCH easier than in Onimusha. You can hit the guard around a 1/3 second before the hit, and it perfect guards! On top of alot of my other gripes, it seems that this game is geared toward casual gamers and idiots.

Regardless, Im getting much better and noticed perfect guard is MUCH easier than in Onimusha.

Perfect guard and the ensuing criticals have always been very strict with their timing in Onimusha. I'm torn on whether that's a good or a bad thing. I think Capcom tweaked the timing to be a bit less unforgiving in Dawn of Dreams, but not by much. Is PGing too easy in LOS or just right?

P.S. Where the hell is my PS3 Onimusha game? We got Sengoku Basara Samurai Heoes, but that's not same thing.

Regardless, Im getting much better and noticed perfect guard is MUCH easier than in Onimusha.

Perfect guard and the ensuing criticals have always been very strict with their timing in Onimusha. I'm torn on whether that's a good or a bad thing. I think Capcom tweaked the timing to be a bit less unforgiving in Dawn of Dreams, but not by much. Is PGing too easy in LOS or just right?

P.S. Where the hell is my PS3 Onimusha game? We got Sengoku Basara Samurai Heoes, but that's not same thing.

DoD was very unforgiving to me. I never really played much of the others. I had a hell of a time on one of the challenges, in order to beat it under par time, you needed to perfect guard/ or counter slash... whatever... every time.

PGing in LoS is too easy. When I realized this I was very surprised cause I was already holding the guard down... where as in Onimusha, you are practically making contact with the button as the attack hits your person. In LoS I cannot time it rightly, but it counts for PG somewhere around 1/3 to 1/4 of a second before your hit. If you know the enemies attacks very well, you can be untouchable.

As for Onimusha, if your getting guards and counters perfect most the time, it gives you a sense of accomplishment, where as in LoS, its not that big of a deal cause its so easy.

I hated black ops. I thought everything about it was stupid.

The storyline is completely retarded and makes no sense at all if you know anything about history. (Enemy using like 10 crazy attack helicopters they would be lucky to have 3 of days before a major offensive to take out 1 guy...wow, that's not even the best example) Me and a friend where making fun of the game the whole way through. By level 2 (might have been 3, it was before he died in the truck though, trying not to spoil too much) I was like wow wouldn't it be retarded if this guy was all in your imagination? Then we saw the end of the game just blown away by how predictable everything was. The presentation is just retarded too. (THE NUMBERS!!! THE FUCKING NUMBERS!!! AHHHHHHHH followed by GIVE ME THE LOCATION MASON!!!!!, thrown in like 3 times between every level. Yeah just put that shit in when you can't think of anything else to say) The actual gameplay is so scripted its a joke. It's like watching a movie. There are parts of the game where you can just run through it without shooting anyone and it's impossible to die even on the hardest difficulty levels. Even turret parts where you have no opportunity to hide or anything. The guns don't make sense either. They are real guns, but WTF at Dragons Breath AKA rape machine and attachable flamethrower on the bottom of an AK that shoots for that long. Your teammates go back and forth from being useless and doing everything for you. The levels are boring. The graphics are dated. The dialogue is hilariously bad. I could go on forever. Seriously NOTHING good about this game. The best part was Dead Ops Arcade. Having a pirated copy (fuck that game :)) I hadn't played the multiplayer until recently.

SURPRISE! It's just as shitty as it was before. It's the same Rock Paper Scissors gameplay that's popular now. I call it that because that's basically what you are doing, playing rock paper scissors. You just have to know what comes out on top in every situation and you cannot lose. There is no skill involved. That and learning all the gimmicks/tricks/glitches. So its really just memorize/repeat/cheat to win. This bullshit type of gameplay started with Halo 2 and continues today. I even saw a video of a guy online whining about "quickscoping" not working anymore. WAAAAHHHH ONE OF MY TRICKS TO WIN DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE WAAAAAAHHHHH I CAN'T WIN ANYMOOOOOOOORREEEE. He was being a real bitch about it too. Talking about how the sniper class is ruined now and he is just not going to bother to play it. I know not everyone is like this but goddamn.

The one good thing to come out of games like this is all the bitchy moaning whiny players from CS have now left and moved onto these games. You remember how bad that used to be years ago? Holy shit. Anyway...

Then there is the Zombie Mode. To be honest I don't know why you would bother with this when you can get L4D/L4D2 for so cheap now but that's not the point I guess. I liked the Zombie mode in World At War and it's not THAT much different in Black Ops, but I still don't like it as much. I thought the guns where a lot more fun to use in World At War's version (although that shotgun in Black Ops is really fun and one of the machine guns I forget which one can fuck shit up all day), I also like the World At War levels a LOT better. I did like the revive drink thing in Black Ops though. I didn't think it just made the game easier too much because you have to run all the way back to the beginning to get it and you are pretty much advancing forward the whole time. You don't really hold out anywhere like you used to in World At War. At the same time though it seems like you have like half as much health now. So is it really just another stupid thing they added to try and make it different/harder?

I never thought I would say this but I liked MW2 better to be honest. I HATED MW2 as well. So this is pretty mindblowing for me that a game actually shittier than MW2 could exist. Whatever man, games are becoming something for Bros now. I guess they finally got bored with Madden. Sci-Fi for bros (Mass Effect), Shooters for Bros (Call of Duty), Driving games for Bros (Forza/Project Gotham, whatever they decide they like better. They can't seem to stop arguing about it), What's Next? Some type of super easy Bro platformer? I don't know. Without "deep" storylines that are about as deep as Donnie Darko and constant explosions in your face I don't think it would hold their interest.

yeah and what was with that? Everything was constantly going to shit in Black Ops. The shooting/explosions never stopped unless the game was waiting on you to finish some scripted event (Shoot the lock off the door! ha!) or you where in one of those shitty chair scenes. Not that I want to play a game where nothing is happening but it was a little ridiculous.

didn't they put a patch out for PC performance?

I played a bit of two worlds II on PC... kinda janky, didn't catch my interest.

I'm pretty much done with gaming in general. at this point I have a broken 360 and an outdated graphics card on my PC with no desire to fix either problem.

I'd like to get a jtag... maybe after tax time.