What did you play most recently?

Gryph

Anyway, why does Hephaesteus sound so familiar? I found the dude at The Forge forging some stuff. I remember something about him being at least referenced in the prior games.

I dont think he is referred to in any of the prior games. I just replayed GOW and GOW2, and GOW: CHain OF Olympus. SO, very positive he is not referred.

Hmm... I still have this feeling that he was referenced in passing either in God of War or God of War II... I can't find anything to confirm this, even though it isn't that long since I finished both games.

P.S. Rip Torn

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally finished Majora's Mask tonight. The final dungeons were actually extremely easy as was the final battle. All in all though, I'd have to say this is probably the most obnoxious Zelda game I've ever played (CD-i crap excluded, of course).

Finished GoW3. It was great, with a rather striking latter third and a slight cliffhanger-ish ending. Not sure if the ending counts as a cliffhanger, though. It probably doesn't.

Finished GoW3. It was great, with a rather striking latter third and a slight cliffhanger-ish ending. Not sure if the ending counts as a cliffhanger, though. It probably doesn't.

Now that you have finished it, let's talk about those plotholes

1. Why the hell Athena would want Kratos to kill Zeus after saving Zeus in GOWIII? The talking about higher existance is lame IMO

2. How can Kratos be so out of character in the end? Like he suddenly grows a heart or something.....

1. Why the hell Athena would want Kratos to kill Zeus after saving Zeus in GOWIII? The talking about higher existance is lame IMO

2. How can Kratos be so out of character in the end? Like he suddenly grows a heart or something.....

1. Because she wanted the Hope she had placed in Pandora's Box. When Kratos opened the box in the original game, all the evils that Zeus sealed inside were released, with the exception of Hope. In order to reclaim Hope, she had to devise a plan that would force Kratos to open the Box once more, since the powers in the box were the only thing powerful enough to kill the God of Gods. Since the box had already been opened in the past, the only way to reopen it was for Athena to give Kratos the incentive to use the Loom and go back to the Great War, i.e. by saving Zeus at the critical moment and "sacrificing" herself, thus further fueling Kratos' anger towards Zeus. Athena couldn't have just opened the Box herself because of the flame surrounding it.

The "higher existence" form or in fact their true form (their soul, the non-tangible one) was what all the gods had kept it hidden most of the time.

2. Because throughout all three games he was driven by pure anger towards the Gods and his need for revenge. In the latter third of GoW3, Pandora (a personification of Hope) reminded Kratos that all this time he had been blinded by his own rage and needed to forgive himself, simply because he was still haunted by guilt of killing his own family (regardless that he was tricked into it by Ares). One could argue that it was the blind rage and carnage that were out of character, not growing a heart.

As the one of the games puts it at some point: he was a loving father and a husband -- long before the events of GoW.

1. Because she wanted the Hope she had placed in Pandora's Box. When Kratos opened the box in the original game, all the evils that Zeus sealed inside were released, with the exception of Hope. In order to reclaim Hope, she had to devise a plan that would force Kratos to open the Box once more, since the powers in the box were the only thing powerful enough to kill the God of Gods. Since the box had already been opened in the past, the only way to reopen it was for Athena to give Kratos the incentive to use the Loom and go back to the Great War, i.e. by saving Zeus at the critical moment and "sacrificing" herself, thus further fueling Kratos' anger towards Zeus. Athena couldn't have just opened the Box herself because of the flame surrounding it.

The "higher existence" form or in fact their true form (their soul, the non-tangible one) was what all the gods had kept it hidden most of the time.

2. Because throughout all three games he was driven by pure anger towards the Gods and his need for revenge. In the latter third of GoW3, Pandora (a personification of Hope) reminded Kratos that all this time he had been blinded by his own rage and needed to forgive himself, simply because he was still haunted by guilt of killing his own family (regardless that he was tricked into it by Ares). One could argue that it was the blind rage and carnage that were out of character, not growing a heart.

As the one of the games puts it at some point: he was a loving father and a husband -- long before the events of GoW.

Hmmmm, I dont recall Kratos ever shown his soft side. Even in GOW1, the story has been saying that he is driven by the lust of power and conquest without heeding his wife's plea for him to stop. The only time I ever saw his soft side is when he is trying to save his daughter in Chain Of Olympus PSP.

But you might be right with Hope reminding him in the latter part. I simply didnt catch that. Good one

Finally finished Majora's Mask tonight. The final dungeons were actually extremely easy as was the final battle. All in all though, I'd have to say this is probably the most obnoxious Zelda game I've ever played (CD-i crap excluded, of course).

Its an odd one for sure, I never finished it but kudos to you for hauling its ass. :)

Hmmmm, I dont recall Kratos ever shown his soft side. Even in GOW1, the story has been saying that he is driven by the lust of power and conquest without heeding his wife's plea for him to stop. The only time I ever saw his soft side is when he is trying to save his daughter in Chain Of Olympus PSP.

Now that I think about certain scenes in GoW, you are probably right. Still, I'd say that there was definitely a human side to Kratos that got lost when the Gods screwed him over. The scenes with

Pandora

support that.

Historically speaking, I assume that the real Spartans were also quite vicious in their conquests and wars, all in the name of some ruler or deity, while simultaneously being very much warm family persons. Go figure. Some Spartans probably killed their wives too because they were at the wrong place at the wrong time. :D