What did you play most recently?

Gryph

Kudos to them for making a very enjoyable demo, and then following up on it with another. But perhaps it's giving the consumer too much of the game without a purchase?

From what I've read, the second demo doesn't exactly feature another chapter from the main game, but rather one of the Challenge arenas in the game. My memory fails me, but something like that anyway.

I heard about this, I think it might have been from this forum, that's even better.

Vanquish has been getting good reviews, it should be here by tomorrow.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Beat Challenge of the Gods in God of War after three solid hours of cursing and checkpoint restarting. Christ on a stick what a bitch that ordeal was. Never again. That Platinum trophy is starting to look mighty fine now, only needs more Jason McDonald.

P.S. Challenge 10 is made of nightmares. Fuck Challenge 10. Game engine quirks don't help either.

Challenge 10 is easy to me. Just need to block in time and press Square to clear the ring. Challenge 8 is the one that get me stuck with those Medusas making me their bitch :lol:

Challenge 8 was a cake walk compared to 10. 8 boils down to dodging the Gorgon Stares (they can't stone you while you're rolling) and then using L1 + O in the air to clear the ring effectively. The problem in 8 was that, with poor timing, the Gorgons could stone you in the air while you were charging L1 + O. As for 10, no matter how much I'd [try] to block, the Satyrs would eventually push me off the platform. I took a leap of faith in reaching the final platform and managed to grab the ledge and pull myself up.

Kosigrim: I had Fallout 3 at one point, and briefly enjoyed it. However, I just couldn't get past the abundant freedom of choice and the way every choice affects everything else. I know it sounds weird for me to criticize a game for being too open-ended, but I've always liked games that don't give me complete freedom.

FIFA11

At first I thought the world hated me it was the THIRD game that ran like shit out of the last 3 new ones I had pinched.

Turns out it has some kind of wierd "lag" bug from what I could tell this could be quite good, It was 4 in the morning and I was really tired reading up on how to get it running right, way too much I might try again today but I got the new Pro evo hopefull that will deliver or thats 5 games that have let me down wickid bad. :lol:

FIFA11

At first I thought the world hated me it was the THIRD game that ran like shit out of the last 3 new ones I had pinched.

Turns out it has some kind of wierd "lag" bug from what I could tell this could be quite good, It was 4 in the morning and I was really tired reading up on how to get it running right, way too much I might try again today but I got the new Pro evo hopefull that will deliver or thats 5 games that have let me down wickid bad. :lol:

I stop buying all these yearly releases of sport games :lol:

oh wait,

you are not buying too, right?

FIFA11

I stop buying all these yearly releases of sport games :lol:

oh wait,

you are not buying too, right?

Screw FIFA for now, no doubtr they will release a patch then the EXE wont work and destory my save games, I will wait till its patched and cracked again, dont care all that much about it to be honest. On the other hand PRO evo fired up nicely then all the buttos were really fucking set wrong, imagine playing pro evo for 8 years then all the buttons change, so I nearly head butted the dog and thought this was another grand screw up, anyway I digged around and fiddled with the controll setting in another exe that was in the pro evo folder, it changed the buttons to what I knew expect it flipped the "run - long ball" buttons which really threw me for six as those are the buttons you use at free kicks to determine if you use the inside our outside of the foot. I cant seem to switch these without breaking it all.

90% of a game is better than nothing though, seriously had high blood pressure today.

steel battalion controller for OG XBox is the most hard core mech controller around.

steel_battalion.jpg

I actually knew a guy who had one. from wiki"

...controller with 2 sticks, 3 pedals and 40 buttons....

At the beginning of every mission, the player must 'start up' the machine and operating system; this is handled through a series of switches and buttons dedicated to this purpose. If the player does not eject when prompted, the player's in game character will die, and all saved data will be lost, causing the player to start over. If a corner is turned too fast, the machine will tumble over. If the player's machine overheats, its operating system must be reset. The game even simulates window wipers in case of mud hitting the monitor.

Pretty much all that kind of stuff that happens in steel battalion happens in mechwarrior as well - and mechwarrior is much older. (fuck that mechassault shit though) It's just a lot less annoying about it. Who the fuck wants to worry about tipping your mech over? Shouldn't there be some fancy computer system preventing this? Dedicated buttons to start the mech? So what like 5 of those buttons don't actually do anything past the very beginning of each mission and I have to do this annoying process every time? Why would it erase your save? WTF is the point in that? You can die if you don't eject in mechwarrior too but it doesn't erase your save! That's ridiculous! Good thing there isn't a self destruct like in mechwarrior (or is there? does it prevent you from saving ever again if you use it?) Overheating happens too, it sucks when you overheat because you have to shut down and basically stand there hoping you don't get blown up. I think that controller is very overrated too. When I used it I thought it felt really cheap and plasticy/flimsy. I didn't get to play it very long because I didn't want to shell out the cash for it when I could buy something probably better and my friend said he didn't like it that much and sold it quickly so it might be better than I think it is though.

I like armored core too. Although I think some of the later ones got kinda crappy. Armored core probably is a little faster (although mechwarrior gets pretty nuts when your fighting like 20 mechs at once) but I like the feeling of being in a huge unstoppable death machine that has 50 rocket launchers, 4 machine guns, 2 plasma cannons, 2 gauss rifles, and a jetpack all while taking missles to the face and unloading ammo for all these guns as fast as possible into everything that moves while stepping on and crushing anything that happens to be smaller than it. Theres nothing like putting all these weapons into one group and firing them all at the same time into your opponent either. INSTA-FUCKED! I would usually create a few categories for different situations and then an unload everything category for just that occasion.

So anyway, been playing Fallout New Vegas. Pretty badass so far. I'm not sure I like this respect system thing though where groups of people can either like or dislike you. Is there any point at all in making the powder gangs like you? It seems like they are generally worthless and fun target practice as you are traveling places. I keep finding all these cool pistols, I want a cool rifle! I wonder if Lincolns Repeater can be found in this one :lol:

I like "that gun" it's harrison ford's gun from bladerunner.

I find the crafting mechanic to be worthless. the different ammo types are crap too. I'm sure they work but in the middle of a fire fight I don't want to be constantly switching ammo. so i just sell off all the hollow points and shit like that. and there doesn't seem to be as many interactive NPCs as the last one.

I played the demo for Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage (PS3 version). The vocalization and design of the characters from the anime/manga series is spot on. If you're a fan of the series, its well worth checking out. You get to play as Kenshiro (obviously) as well as Rei, who is just as kickass to play with. More characters will be playable in the full game.

The only gripe I had was that there is no real way to target individual enemies. It play similar to the Dynasty Warriors franchise (its made by the same ppl), but having not played that series I dunno if it had a targeting feature either.

Im having a blast on New Vegas. I got the guide but I didnt read in the appropriate sections, a full rundown of the systems. It leads you to believe that later in the game you can make AP and HP bullets, but for now I cannot. So if thats true, by the time I can make them Ill have a ton. I figure that is the reason of breaking them down.

I like the different ammo types, and it helped out alot. When killing off Ceasars Legion early in the game the AP bullets saved the day.

As for the armors, I guess I can get over not wearing a certain groups armor. With my re-enforced leather armor it doesnt matter one bit... so far.

I have Boone and ED-E as my crew. What a setup. I may just do this playthrough with them.

Yea Shiba, you will get plenty of weapons, I suggest checking the Broc Flower Cave just east of Legion Raid camp. You sound like you havent quite gotten that far but youll find the Raid camp soon enough.

I'm a couple hours past meeting Vulpes Inculta. At first I killed him and his whole crew but when I looked in the fallout wiki (you don't need no stinkin guide! http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_Wiki) it turns out that was probably a bad idea so I loaded a save. I don't really use the wiki for cheating unless that is cheating somehow. It's not like it isn't obvious what you are supposed to do next anyway.

Like I said, I spent a LOT of time wandering/scavenging. By level 2-3 I already had over 1000 caps. I have a shit ton of supplies right now too. Somehow I ended up with 70 something sticks of dynamite I never use. I have 40 something bottles of Sunset Sarsaparilla too. I use that stuff almost constantly. Way more often than the stims which I try to save. I'll usually just drink like 5 of them and hide somewhere for a bit and save my stims for limb problems. You can find those things everywhere. I have quite a few perfect condition weapons as well. Lovin the cowboy rifle :lol:

Two things that are driving me nuts though. I can't figure out why for some reason it seems like certain guns just do not work well at all on certain enemies. I guess I'm supposed to use a different ammo type but how am I supposed to tell which kind and why? I guess check the armor they drop when I kill one?

The other thing is this karma bullshit. It seems like half of everything in the game is marked as stealing for some reason. Even if you completely clear out an area its all still marked as stealing. Even if you are stealing from an enemy which you get GOOD karma for when you KILL them. So I can kill them but not steal from them? I can't even steal from dirty criminals! I'm not even talking about pickpocketing either, I'm talking about shit that's just lying around. I'm about to say fuck karma and just take all the shit I want.