What did you play most recently?

Gryph

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the process of sorta speedrunning God of War. Well, sub 5 hours would be nice.

I managed to do it to get the achievement "The Speed of Jason McDonald". Left with completing Challenge of The Gods to get platinum.

Front Mission: Evolved

I knew to be prepared to be let down, I already knew it was a 3rd person shooter and the games roots are strategy. This game sucks, even more than I prepared for. Ill save the bashing from a gameplay standpoint, this game is so bad even the options suck. They did NOT do theyre homework. If I was going to change gametype to something I never did before, Id look at all the other games like what I am going to do... learn from them.

Some of these badly done things include: no separation of vertical and horizontal sensitivity. Changing the sensitivity effects both vertical and horizontal. Changing colors is stupid too. There is no option to change all parts at once, so you have to alter each of the 4 parts separately. When there is a cut scene, the main character is holding a fist weapon, even if you equipped something else. Thats plain lazy. I noticed bad voice over work too. After the 2nd or 3rd level, this guy gives you the lowdown on aspects to think about when doing a loadout. It was obviously thrown together from clips, one sentence he is talking, then next thing you know he sounds as if he is yelling down a hallway, then back to normal. I thought it was 2 people talking to me at first... but no. Just a bad job there too.

I can go on and on and I havent even mentioned the gameplay. Its passable, but barely. I can pick this game to pieces. I hate to say it, but Id stay away from this one.

Front Mission: Evolved

I knew to be prepared to be let down, I already knew it was a 3rd person shooter and the games roots are strategy. This game sucks, even more than I prepared for. Ill save the bashing from a gameplay standpoint, this game is so bad even the options suck. They did NOT do theyre homework. If I was going to change gametype to something I never did before, Id look at all the other games like what I am going to do... learn from them.

Some of these badly done things include: no separation of vertical and horizontal sensitivity. Changing the sensitivity effects both vertical and horizontal. Changing colors is stupid too. There is no option to change all parts at once, so you have to alter each of the 4 parts separately. When there is a cut scene, the main character is holding a fist weapon, even if you equipped something else. Thats plain lazy. I noticed bad voice over work too. After the 2nd or 3rd level, this guy gives you the lowdown on aspects to think about when doing a loadout. It was obviously thrown together from clips, one sentence he is talking, then next thing you know he sounds as if he is yelling down a hallway, then back to normal. I thought it was 2 people talking to me at first... but no. Just a bad job there too.

I can go on and on and I havent even mentioned the gameplay. Its passable, but barely. I can pick this game to pieces. I hate to say it, but Id stay away from this one.

I read that the deepest the strategy goes is basically what weapon are you going to use in each situation.

Still waiting for the new Mechwarrior reboot. Man it's going to be fucking awesome. I used to play a TON of Mechwarrior 2 back in the day. Played a little of 3 and then again a ton of 4. I'm going to make sure I get one of these when it comes out as well. I used an older version of it to play a long time ago.

http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/x52pro.html

Here is the older one:

X36a.jpg

It's kinda like the Ace Combat 6 controller for 360 but the 360 version didn't have the safety flap for what I always set to self destruct :(

EDIT: Oh shit! There is a new one coming out!

http://www.thommos.com/wiki/index.php?title=X65F

Apparently it will have addons and stuff too!

http://blog.gaingame.com/2010/01/03/saitek...-system-review/

EDIT AGAIN: Fuck man its out but its like 300 bucks, fuck that haha

Thing looks intense. Mechwarrior games were cool. I really liked a real old ones on PC like MW2: Arena... I think. The one with Spectre Lance. Pretty old but blew Xbox versions out of the water.

Im an Armored Core guy. We are kinda rare. In 4 and 4 answer they upped the gameplay to over the top mechanics. Its a boost fest. Boosting back and forth in quick succession is the only way to go... and its ridiculous. If Mechwarrior Mechs start fucking the world up, just put me in an Armored Core. The comparison I can make is Mechwarrior is slow like Halo, and AC is Unreal Tournament.

steel battalion controller for OG XBox is the most hard core mech controller around.

steel_battalion.jpg

I actually knew a guy who had one. from wiki"

...controller with 2 sticks, 3 pedals and 40 buttons....

At the beginning of every mission, the player must 'start up' the machine and operating system; this is handled through a series of switches and buttons dedicated to this purpose. If the player does not eject when prompted, the player's in game character will die, and all saved data will be lost, causing the player to start over. If a corner is turned too fast, the machine will tumble over. If the player's machine overheats, its operating system must be reset. The game even simulates window wipers in case of mud hitting the monitor.