What did you play most recently?

Gryph

Dude, Castlevania pisses me off sometimes. I think I perfect blocked... but I didnt. And some of the enemies movements throw me off, as in I dont know what to do other than roll away and chip away somemore. And I hate when I get hit by an enemy I didnt know was there or just plain didnt see due to the environment being in the way. Thought I was getting better... guess not

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried the Castlevania demo and liked it. Sure, too short, but the combat system is solid, and graphics and sound are awesome. High profile voice acting as well.

High profile yes, but Stewart uses weird emphasis alot. Octaves going up on things I dont think should, and it sounds odd.

The game is technical, pretty challenging. Much more challenging than Darksiders. You will die learning implementation. The combos are tight work and the game looks gorgeous.

the worst is the camera hiding enemies. I was fighting a Warg and couldn't even see it more then half the time.

If the camera is hiding a Warg that's as big as a Chevy Astrovan then there is a problem.

High profile yes, but Stewart uses weird emphasis alot. Octaves going up on things I dont think should, and it sounds odd.

I think it fits. :o well, I'm the kind of person that likes to hear Patrick Stewart talk.

Not sure if I can play these generic adventure games any longer. Whether I like it or not, any adventure game coming out like Enslaved or Lords of Shadow has already been done before, I feel like I'm playing less enjoyable versions of games that game came out 5 years ago.

It's the same, repetitive stuff, you put in the game, start a new game, play, and the gameply repeats, except for cutscenes here and there. These ideas have already been executed better on the systems like the PS2.

I may be becoming less tolerant, these games aren't terrible, but are just cut from the same mold, the same person masquerading as something new and different every year.

I'll be waiting for Vanquish, even though it's basically more or less in the same category.

the worst is the camera hiding enemies. I was fighting a Warg and couldn't even see it more then half the time.

If the camera is hiding a Warg that's as big as a Chevy Astrovan then there is a problem.

Oh hell yea, you hit that on the nose.

I think it fits. :o well, I'm the kind of person that likes to hear Patrick Stewart talk.

You havent heard alot either. Its just my opinion anyway. Im pretty strict when it comest to judgment, and I have a very good speaking voice. Even though, Its good to hear Stewart. He only got a small role on Oblivion.

Not sure if I can play these generic adventure games any longer. Whether I like it or not, any adventure game coming out like Enslaved or Lords of Shadow has already been done before, I feel like I'm playing less enjoyable versions of games that game came out 5 years ago.

It's the same, repetitive stuff, you put in the game, start a new game, play, and the gameply repeats, except for cutscenes here and there. These ideas have already been executed better on the systems like the PS2.

I may be becoming less tolerant, these games aren't terrible, but are just cut from the same mold, the same person masquerading as something new and different every year.

I'll be waiting for Vanquish, even though it's basically more or less in the same category.

Yea I know exactly what you mean. It will take alot of work to break new turf. To make gameplay fresh. Enslaved brings enhanced emotional content or more realistic interactions. Everything else is like something before. LoS is a bunch of different game types combined. The thing about LoS, is its challenging so I dont notice as much, but what happens when I beat it completely. It'll stay in the stack most likely, not to be played again until I forget about it for a while.

Fallout: New Vegas is pissing me off. but it's my own fault for not hard saving and relying on autosave. I was out and about in a gang outfit. fast traveled back to army camp (autosave) entire camp starts shooting (dies) loads autosave (dies) repeat. my last hard save was at the end of the tutorial......