What did you play most recently?

Gryph

Dead Rising 2

Lv. 32 right now. Had to restart the story cuz I didn't have enough time to finish Case 5-2.

The Ninja Suit is fucking awesome. None of the zombies see or attack me while I'm wearing it. Plus swinging any sword item gives me extra attacks and ninja "WAHS!"

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea ... I have seen far too many games set up like this fail hard. It is so hard to implement a good platforming environment in 3D. Both PS2 Castlevanias were crap.

Look at Darksiders. I cannot find anything to really gripe about in it. Mechanics are tight, coulda used real puzzles though: the puzzle elements were a joke. A very solid, well built game. Lots of though and effort, lots of pre planning and tweaking. But even though it is good, I dont see playing it again anytime soon. It is spent and boring. To me, no replay value.

My point is even when something is done well, it doesnt make it great.

I hope hope hope it impresses me.

EDIT: Just played the demo. Excellent presentation! Even the camera work is done excellently. Picking it up tonight. + a shirt... yay

the fixed camera annoys me but I can see how it's needed for the level design.

but i like it overall. although it does have some crappy button mash and QTE. meh.

Darksiders looks like a GOD of war wannabie

Um... What?

It is an Onimusha and Zelda Wannabe. Hell, its also more like Devil May Cry than GoW.

This new Castlevania though... is almost a GoW wannabe. Whip an all.

Looks great, except for the frame skippage I saw in between the first and second stage during the scene before the horse shows up. Didnt do that in the Demo. I like the game so far, the different combos I've seen are intuitive. Hitting jump after the first straight attack, thus making jump a separate attack possibility. Awesome idea and simple too. Other things like that. Ahh. Awesome looking combos in general. Puts Kratos to shame actually. Makes him look mortal kombat.

Early on, the 3rd area is a bog. It has green swamp water that makes you walk real real slow. In the muck is this creature. Basically its a poor platform mechanic, wait for the bubbles to stop, move through. Since it moves so slowly through this muck, this whole part is boring and platform wise: Dull.

Like I said, the game is gorgeous. Nice little things, like in the combo screen, every combo has a simple pencil animation. Inked artwork of every creature and character, pretty good artwork. Locales are great.

But this is not Castlevania. I know its apples and oranges but it just doesnt have the right feel. Super Castlevania was linear, every good Castlevania was 2D... Perhaps when I finish this I will change my mind.

Rated: So far at least a rent. Ask me later

Darksiders looks like a GOD of war wannabie

Um... What?

It is an Onimusha and Zelda Wannabe. Hell, its also more like Devil May Cry than GoW.

This.

Many games takes features from the Onimusha series and never give credit, people tend to forget this series even existed.

Where is my HD sequel?

Where is my HD sequel?

That's what I would like to know, too. Every single game in the Onimusha series has been awesome.

PROTIP: Jean Reno is the fucking boss.