What did you play most recently?

Gryph

Darksiders.

It's good.

I feel as if Darksiders is nothing past plain, good, the puzzles are a bit aggravating, however the combat is pretty enjoyable.

Well, the graphics, sound and voice actingg are above par. The combat system is neat and complex. The only real problem that I acknowledge so far is that each button has so many different uses and the game expects you to press some fairly daunting combinations in the heat of battle.

Like so:

1. Lock onto an enemy by holding R2 so you'll keep it in view.

2. Press R3 to go into targeting mode

3. Paint lock-on targets by selecting enemies and objects.

4. Press and hold R2 to charge and throw the Chakra-type weapon.

5. Don't forget to move and dash around with R1 while doing all of the above, and probably mix some jumps and attacks in there with X, O, and Triangle as well

I think I'm in need of a third hand or something. Also, War can only block while standing perfectly still. Trying to move results in a dash.

wow, your description just make me totally lost interest in the game.

Balancing between playing Dissidia, FFIX, MGS PW and Persona 3 on PSP. And restart Yakuza 3.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you describe how to take a technical driving maneuver, like drifting, it sounds confusing. It is technical but once you have done it a good amount of times you can go on how the car feels. Speed, entrance angle, when to turn your tires opposite the drift angle, when/where/how to turn the tires and apply gas/brakes if/when needed, and the same for correction if you error, etc etc alot is done in an instant. Discribing fully what happens in mere moments can take alot of time... it looks daunting on paper.

Same here. Sure there is alot to consider when fighting, but once you play you see there is no other way to simplify how something is accomplished. Through practice battling becomes second nature... Like riding a bike, or... drifting

Trust me, once your used to it it feels solid, tight. You have alot of control and you'll punish your enemies all the more

Darksiders.

It's good.

I feel as if Darksiders is nothing past plain, good, the puzzles are a bit aggravating, however the combat is pretty enjoyable.

some fairly daunting combinations in the heat of battle.

Your wording sometimes Agozer is more badass than I can measure.

Darksiders.

It's good.

It is, but practically no replay value. Other than, of course, playing through the second time on the hardest difficulty. I liked alot of elements in this game, one was the rail shooter segment.

I played a hell of alot of Onimusha Dawn of dreams, and of course Zelda. I remember having an issue with fluidity at first, but you'll get the hang of it. Before long you'll be having satisfying victories where you pulled of 100 different commands. Lock/sidedash while throwing something/ dash in/uppercut move with a landing attack/ popup/ stall attack/ weapon switch/ dash in (again) etc etc. There were a few times I said, out loud "Holy shit! You just got took son!!!" and so on.

I agree... its missing the stuff to make it great. But Puzzles? When you say aggravating... do you mean accidently jumping into lava or somesuch? I liked the level design and puzzle style progression. I believe the combination of time tested game elements was great... even though the game isnt... its just short of great.

The replay value of this game is 0. Once you beat it that second time through on nightmare or whatever for the achievements/trophies... the games appeal is shot.

Aggravating meaning, spending 30 minutes trying to find out how to solve this puzzle, (I wanna obliterate some motherfuckers, but I can't until I get this tedious puzzle completed first.), (Hmmm..what the hell am I supposed to do....?.....Oh, there we go).

Personally, I don't really mind if an action game (especially of the Hack & Slash type) doesn't have much if any replay value once you've perhaps cleared the game on the hardest difficulty settings and unlocked most if not all trophies. In fact, I'd be more than surprised if a game of this type really had some replay value beyond all that.

Wait. Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing a Boss Rush mode incorporated into a hack & Slash game.

Personally, I don't really mind if an action game (especially of the Hack & Slash type) doesn't have much if any replay value once you've perhaps cleared the game on the hardest difficulty settings and unlocked most if not all trophies. In fact, I'd be more than surprised if a game of this type really had some replay value beyond all that.

Wait. Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing a Boss Rush mode incorporated into a hack & Slash game.

Yeah, like Castlevania :P The boss rush mode where you get to fight Dragon, Sea Serpent, Werewolf, Skeleton, Minotaur, Eyeball, Headless Knight, Flying Skull, Death, Hydra, Shaft, Succubus, Spirit Of Shaft, Dracula in 3 forms, man, that is very exciting.

today saw some mp GTA IV with some guys from blueguerilla, amazingly I didn't roll over much (a huge achievement in GTA for me with the handling issues it has compared to most games) & didn't come last in most of the races. Then came some more Crackdown 2, 2'nd freak lair down & more farming freaks with a car in the quarry for driving skill, good stuff

doesnt take that long, my agility levels already at 4 with my driving, guns, strength & explosives close behind it after a few hours of play, freak lairs are handy for bumping up the driving, explosive & strength ones

Dante's Inferno (X360)

A broken God of War 2, more or less.

I could do without the quick time events, especially when these require you to move sometimes both of the analog sticks in certain directions. Within the first hour of playthrough, I fought one of the most pestering bosses since my playthrough of Sonic Unleashed for the PlayStation 2.

Along with small bugs and slurred hit detection.

Moderately fun otherwise.