What did you play most recently?

Gryph

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hit a wall with singularity. boss battle I played 5 or 6 times. I've had enough.

Saints Row 2. Does GTA better then GTA does.

with the trailers of the new MK I am itching to play some UMKIII but it seems to have been removed from xbla.

I guess as this is an emulation site (really??) I should play it on MAME or something. But I don't have a controller for my PC.

Persona 3 Portable on PSP.

Way, way better than Persona 1, nice story and it is always cool to see the character shoot itself in the head just to launch their persona lol :)

Dragon Quest IX. They definitely changed alot. They combined XIII with concepts from previous DQ/W games and added new stuff as well. I just noticed one thing that bothers me, the (fight wisely) tactic does NOT work like it used to... Say there are 4 enemies 3 of which are in a group. I select woosh which hits a group (the 3 in this case) and the battle begins. Other DQ/W games if a party member would attack before me it would see that I have woosh ready and likely attack the single enemy... But not in this game. 2 party members attacked the group I had selected... and killed them, so my woosh only hit 1 enemy.

Other than that Im liking everything I see. Im still early on so im not sure what is what yet, but the game is not a let down. I have yet to change classes so I dont know how it will effect my attributes. Something that I like, attacking with a staff will absorb MP. With certain classes come skills such as, staff, which in turn will increase the ammt of MP you get and so on.

The battles are not random, enemies can be seen and you can engage or evade accordingly. I foresee this going well when hunting for metal slimes etc. I never had a problem with random battles but its a nice change (in JRPG terms) seeing your quarry.

I just wish the Wi Fi was more than local... Id like to play with my buddy back in FL.

GET THIS!!!

My buddy found out in DQIX your birthday helps with drop rate ratio! I've been doing this for a few days now and it certainly seems like it helps. There is no mention in the guide or online...

So everyday I go in and change my birthday to the current day, and go about my business.

Darksiders.

It's good.

I feel as if Darksiders is nothing past plain, good, the puzzles are a bit aggravating, however the combat is pretty enjoyable.

Well, the graphics, sound and voice actingg are above par. The combat system is neat and complex. The only real problem that I acknowledge so far is that each button has so many different uses and the game expects you to press some fairly daunting combinations in the heat of battle.

Like so:

1. Lock onto an enemy by holding R2 so you'll keep it in view.

2. Press R3 to go into targeting mode

3. Paint lock-on targets by selecting enemies and objects.

4. Press and hold R2 to charge and throw the Chakra-type weapon.

5. Don't forget to move and dash around with R1 while doing all of the above, and probably mix some jumps and attacks in there with X, O, and Triangle as well

I think I'm in need of a third hand or something. Also, War can only block while standing perfectly still. Trying to move results in a dash.

Darksiders.

It's good.

It is, but practically no replay value. Other than, of course, playing through the second time on the hardest difficulty. I liked alot of elements in this game, one was the rail shooter segment.

I played a hell of alot of Onimusha Dawn of dreams, and of course Zelda. I remember having an issue with fluidity at first, but you'll get the hang of it. Before long you'll be having satisfying victories where you pulled of 100 different commands. Lock/sidedash while throwing something/ dash in/uppercut move with a landing attack/ popup/ stall attack/ weapon switch/ dash in (again) etc etc. There were a few times I said, out loud "Holy shit! You just got took son!!!" and so on.

I feel as if Darksiders is nothing past plain, good, the puzzles are a bit aggravating, however the combat is pretty enjoyable.

I agree... its missing the stuff to make it great. But Puzzles? When you say aggravating... do you mean accidently jumping into lava or somesuch? I liked the level design and puzzle style progression. I believe the combination of time tested game elements was great... even though the game isnt... its just short of great.

The replay value of this game is 0. Once you beat it that second time through on nightmare or whatever for the achievements/trophies... the games appeal is shot.