What did you play most recently?

Gryph

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FF9 on PS3. Still one of the best FF IMO

Terra is one of the best locations in the entire game. The Iifa Tree comes second.

I'm an FFVIII person myself, although the fact that it's been broken on the PS3 for god knows how sucks tremendously. FFIX is definitely high up on the list though.

Resident evil starts off good then it becomes really bland.

I didn't like the characters and I didn't like the weapons system , and I TOTALLY missed "Stranger! Stranger! Now that's a weapon!"

i can start that game on pro from scratch and have every area figured out start to finish, every boss fight all the treasures, those gems though you can never get a full set when there are 3 colours to one head piece or whatever it is.

I think it was my third from last play through a year back when at the start I kept getting "the dirt pendant" Then I saw I could shoot a bit off wood to stop it becoming dirty...

haha all that time.

Uncharted Drake's Fortune

This entire game has felt like a chore. I'm up to the Jet ski part right now, and its one of the worst game mechanics I've ever seen. The point of a Jet ski is to go fast, but the game forces you to halt and stay still, while you shoot down enemies, otherwise while you go through the area the enemies will shoot you down. Even if you wanted to move and shoot at the same time, you couldn't, the game doesn't let you.

Every time an enemy comes out on the screen, prepare to wait until tomorrow so that they can die. It's extremely sad when the best weapon in the game is the pistol. The AK takes out a guy in about 14 bullets, the shotgun 2 (but you only get 6 when you pick one up, which is probably 2 shotguns a fire fight of 10-15 baddies), and the recoil on both is ridiculous. The only gun that doesn't recoil, is the pistol, which takes 4 bullets to kill a baddie, unless you hit the head (which is required in some fights due to the 40 tank armored enemies on the screen at once), then it only takes 1. I keep telling myself eventually the game will give me better weapons, but it doesn't. They get worse, you can pick up an Uzi, has more recoil than the AK and needs more bullets than the AK to kill a dude. But at the same time, you probably only find 1-2 clips of those in a firefight. You can also find a revolver, takes down a guy with 2 shots, but its the same deal as the shot (and again, more recoil than the shotgun). The best gun in the game is the Grenade Launcher, you find one every 3-4 firefights, and you'll know its there too because the second you turn a corner into said firefight you'll get one shot to death by the guy holding it.

The puzzles are fun but a nuisance since most of the time you're going to have to climb to finish them, the game forgets the button commands sometimes while you do this (it really does forget to jump when you tell it too) causing random deaths that do nothing but frustrate you even more.

Just about the only fun part of the game that I've experienced so far was the car chase. That shit felt like it topped the car chase in the latest Indiana Jones movie. I do nothing but hope that the "Game of the Year" that was part 2, is nothing like this. I'm just about ready to throw the disc in my toaster and eat that shit for breakfast.

Uncharted one had some bad shooting mechanics I completed it, near the end when there is about 8 snipers in the church...

I had to go out side!! and let that old man do it all.

Thats fucked up.

I liked exploring in Uncharted one and when the enemies pop up you go "FFS!" and there is a lot of them, the Jet ski section nearly made me stop playing but I preserved and got through it.

Uncharted 2 is a much better game, the shooting mechanics work a lot better, but near the start in the first real gun battle its actually a bit ropey and i thought "they fucked up again?" then after that bit it steadily improves all the way right to the very end.

Uncharted 2 is a much better game, the shooting mechanics work a lot better, but near the start in the first real gun battle its actually a bit ropey and i thought "they fucked up again?" then after that bit it steadily improves all the way right to the very end.

Isn't that the part where you have to shoot the two security guards? Yeah, the mechanics in that are a bit weird, since you can't tell when the guards can stop and when they can't. While I think that the museum part is one of the best lead-ins to a game that I've seen, the way the game forces you to stay hidden kinda takes some of the charm away. Well, it's supposed to be a heist, so what else can you do?