What did you play most recently?

Gryph

I actually forgot that SSFIV was coming out in April. well it is the very end of April. so there is one interesting game coming out between now and May 11th.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I might be getting bayonetta today, but the long load times are putting me off.

Sony has helped Sega by patching the game to allow HDD install....oh wait, you are not online....

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection.

· Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle

· Alien Storm

· Altered Beast

· Beyond Oasis

· Bonanza Bros.

· Columns

· Comix Zone

· Decap Attack starring Chuck D. Head

· Dr. Robotnik's MBM

· Dynamite Headdy

· Ecco the Dolphin

· Ecco II: The Tides of Time

· E-SWAT

· Fatal Labyrinth

· Flicky

· Gain Ground

· Golden Axe I

· Golden Axe II

· Golden Axe III

· Kid Chameleon

· Phantasy Star II

· Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom

· Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium

· Ristar

· Shining in the Darkness

· Shining Force

· Shining Force 2

· Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master

· Sonic 3D Blast

· Sonic and Knuckles

· Sonic Spinball

· Sonic the Hedgehog

· Sonic the Hedgehog 2

· Sonic the Hedgehog 3

· Streets of Rage

· Streets of Rage 2

· Streets of Rage 3

· Super Thunder Blade

· Vectorman

· Vectorman 2

-------------

· Golden Axe Warrior (SEGA Master System)

· Phantasy Star (SEGA Master System)

· Alien Syndrome (Arcade)

· Altered Beast (Arcade)

· Congo Bongo (Arcade)

· Fantasy Zone (Arcade)

· Shinobi (Arcade)

· Space Harrier (Arcade)

· Zaxxon (Arcade)

I've been spending most of my time playing Shining Force. I never got past the 4th battle before, I got tired of it the couple of times I played it. You see, I never knew you could egress out of battle and keep your XP and GP!!! Im a good ways into it now. Been chipping away at the other games, basically for achievements and unlockable content.

At first I was bummed... the games were at 4:3. But going into the video options for each game, there was the option to set it for 16:9. Now... I knew on emulators you can stretch it and the game did not distort. How the hell did SEGA know to format their games so they fit on wide screens... 20 years ago? If you stretch a SNES game everything is wide. Not Sega. Its as if its rendering extra screen allowing for more. How is this possible? How could they have known to do this, or rather, what reason did they format their games like so?

Well anyway, I had most of the games I liked on emulators. But I moved and I dont have them with me right now. I decided to grab this because there are games id like to play... so to hell with it. It was $20 new so it was a good buy. Indeed, some of the games are bad but oh well. I never liked Golden Axe games for instance. I played the first one last night, and let me tell you... fail. Also bad, Bonanza Bros. But thats fine. Shining Force I & II, Ecco I & II, Shinobi III, Kid Chameleon, Beyond Oasis and Fantasy Stars well keep me on the game for awhile.

I might be getting bayonetta today, but the long load times are putting me off.

Sony has helped Sega by patching the game to allow HDD install....oh wait, you are not online....

I got it today for 15 pound brand new - I am still pessamistic on the load times however, I read it takes 25 seconds to load a level, 10 seconds for a cut scene and 5 seconds for a menu...

The only way I can see this been a really bad problem is if the game makes you pause to change weapons during fights.

Ill play later, my GOD OF WAR is still laughing at me for not chinning Zeus.

The only way I can see this been a really bad problem is if the game makes you pause to change weapons during fights.

It doesn't. Well, you can change between two different weapon sets, but you have to go to the menu to customize those weapon sets.

P.S. Been playing Uncharted 2 for the better part of the day. Naughty Dog ftw.

Seems reasonable then hopefully it will be a blast.

Uncharted two is full of win, i plan on going back to it in a few more weeks until memory fades, sadly the game is that smack you in the face ace that it takes a while for it to fade.

It doesn't. Well, you can change between two different weapon sets, but you have to go to the menu to customize those weapon sets.

P.S. Been playing Uncharted 2 for the better part of the day. Naughty Dog ftw.

Seems reasonable then hopefully it will be a blast.

Uncharted two is full of win, i plan on going back to it in a few more weeks until memory fades, sadly the game is that smack you in the face ace that it takes a while for it to fade.

Been doing the same thing now that I finished GOWIII. I hate those bastard armored shotgunner :(:roll1:

Started bayonetta (must go back to god of war and beat zues) its pretty cool and odd, very creative.

Im up to the second boss i think i have the dodge one of the dragon heads so it gives me witch time - but im a little too tired for that at the moment.

Load times aint so bad, but i think dying at a boss fight and the cut scenes are going to get annoying, noted that finding an in game item is a little "ho hum" hurry up, but this is nothing i cant handle.

Brielfly read some of the books i have found but skipped it pretty quickly.

Hope there aint nothing in them that i have to read.

Well since I have that Sega collection, I've been hacking away at the achievements. Just beat Dr. Robotnicks M.B.M. and HOLY SHIT WTF!!! That game is HARD! Never ever have I been so challenged by stupidity. The pieces come two by two... but since the mechanics are simple... they make the pieces fall at least 5X faster that Tetris on level 9. Fortunately the game comes with save states... I... abused it yet again. I see no other way to do it though. I felt like an old geezer... then I remembered that the pieces WERE falling at the sped of light. You should see Robotnicks pace. Anyone who has gotten far in this game knows exactly what im talking about.

So now I'm playing Dinimite Headdy. Never played it... Started its up and it a game by Treasure! I love those guys, Guardian Heroes, Gunstar Heroes. So I knew the game was at the very least going to be ok. Well it seems alright... I havent beaten the first boss yet, but it is good. Um... the game makes no sense. Its a riot. Some nonsense about fake backdrops, like the entire game is a play or show. Very strange... trippy. I wish I played it so many years ago.