What did you play most recently?

Gryph

FFXIII, Its fucking good... bitches.

So, you like linear dungeons, never ending battles after battles then cutscenes then battles some more, irritating characters and limitation of controls over your party during battles??

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, you like linear dungeons, never ending battles after battles then cutscenes then battles some more, irritating characters and limitation of controls over your party during battles??

Just because the game is more linear than the ones preceding it, doesn't automatically make a less enjoyable experience. From the little that I've played the PS3 version, the game is excellent.

Isnt that every FF since 6 minus linear dungeons? Dude, they are telling a story, you on the run. How can you go back when your on the run? It works mr smart ass. lol. Irritating characters? Lets make a list of NON IRRITATING FF CHARACTERS... itll be a small list... well after ffXIII that is. I like the limited control over the party. Although Id like a gambit system better, but once the battles open up... again... it works.

Just because the game is more linear than the ones preceding it, doesn't automatically make a less enjoyable experience. From the little that I've played the PS3 version, the game is excellent.

Indeed. It works. Its only linear in the beginning I hear. Once you play the game you can plainly see linear dungeons is the only feasible way so that the game makes sense.

Isnt that every FF since 6 minus linear dungeons? Dude, they are telling a story, you on the run. How can you go back when your on the run? It works mr smart ass. lol. Irritating characters? Lets make a list of NON IRRITATING FF CHARACTERS... itll be a small list... well after ffXIII that is. I like the limited control over the party. Although Id like a gambit system better, but once the battles open up... again... it works.

Yeah, the only things that make Final Fantasy games (or most JRPGs) non-linear are the World Map and bonus dungeons if there are any. Even side quests usually open up way later. Outside of that, JRPGs are very linear in nature, by design no less. FFX-2 is a special case from the newer FF batch, with most if not all locations are accessible from the get-go. I'm actually in favor of linear dungeons, because I absolutely hate getting lost in one of those labyrithine dungeons some games throw at me. Linearity also helps you remember where to go and what you did before - remember those times when you'd play a JRPG, save and then take a longer-than-usual break? If you saved at the world map, good luck remembering where you're supposed to go next.

There will always be irritating JRPG characters as well. Hope's bitching in XIII is irritating sure, but at least that girl keeps him in check.

P.S. Sazh's chocobo is cute

Yakuza 3. Damn, I enjoy this game a lot. The mini-games are fun. Currently, I am bringing Haruka around town trying to get her trust up to A level. So, have been playing bowling, UFO Catcher, arcade, eating ice cream, sushi, cakes, buy drinks for her; just like how you would treat a kid. Awesome.