What did you play most recently?

Gryph

Now Playing:

Loads of marvel vs capcom 2 on the ps3.

Played:

Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay - Good game. Had a decent melee system and stealth system. Was also fun to explore the prison and try to escape all the damn time. Plus its vin diesel aka Cinder

Yakuza 3 Demo - Awesome demo. Is Yakuza = Spiritual successor to Shenmue? But definitely cool. Has the free roaming and a pretty good battle system.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yakuza 3 Demo - Awesome demo. Is Yakuza = Spiritual successor to Shenmue? But definitely cool. Has the free roaming and a pretty good battle system.

Indeed an awesome demo. A lot of people seem to call Yakuza is spiritual successor to Shenmue, and personally I find that to be spot on. The Yakuza underling boss fight is pretty difficult in the demo after he whips out a katana.

Indeed an awesome demo. A lot of people seem to call Yakuza is spiritual successor to Shenmue, and personally I find that to be spot on. The Yakuza underling boss fight is pretty difficult in the demo after he whips out a katana.

I just spam Square, Square, Square, Triangle, Triangle for that. you should get the super finishing move by then.

Rumor is Ageha Club is removed from Western version. Maybe they think the West cannot handle romancing those girls eh :/

I just spam Square, Square, Square, Triangle, Triangle for that. you should get the super finishing move by then.

But, but I don't like spamming. :/

But, but I don't like spamming. :/

Full version should have a more comprehensive move list. I do know there are already few variation of finishing moves like headstomp, groin kick etc etc.

BTW, i just got myself Ryuga Gotoku Kenzan while waiting for Yakuza 3 to come out. Geisha girls, here i come!!! :thumbsup1:

gamefaqs gives it a 2/23 release for US and 2/26 for EU.

this was one of the games making me wish I had a PS3.... until LSD said the combat was heavy QTE. I'd rather piss on it then get it for free now.

this was one of the games making me wish I had a PS3.... until LSD said the combat was heavy QTE. I'd rather piss on it then get it for free now.

This friday - looks like Im going to be a happy bunny!

It was only a month back i watched a video saying "this is only three months of work" what the fuck?

Ah well it up on us!

Well, Quantic Dream also developed Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy that had very similar (if not exactly the same) gameplay mechanics. Like in Heavy Rain, action scenes in Fahrenheit were all about certain button press and motions at the right time. Every single aspect of these games is one way or another tied to QTEs and context-sensitive motions. Heavy Rain took this a step further by adding motion sensing.

Personally, I think that these kind of design choices make Heavy Rain stand out from the rest, and in a good way.

What's your beef with QTE? :thumbsup1: You didn't like QTE Shenmue style?